Sejuani and female champs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Korica Riftaxe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenode View Post
The reason I don't get about this argument is.

You see all these beautiful women in games with large breasts, but we don't complain about all these insanely big muscles/ladys man/good looking men that are CONSTANTLY in games.

Where's the hero for us sensitive men (No amumu doesn't count)
Ezreal. Swain. Plenty of casters are quite lithe.

CanadianPenguin

01-12-2012

Everything Ironstylus says is pure gold-plated win.

MandyMemory

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Enchantress View Post
I was totally ready to go down the rabbit hole with you, but it's kinda beside the point of this thread! You can wear whatever you want, 'cause you're an agent who can make decisions for herself. Sejuani, and other characters created by RIOT, on the other hand, don't have that luxury. Their representation is the result of a series of decisions made by RIOT staff, with at least some conscious intent of sexualization, at the expense of reason, comfort, or safety. That's what we're all in a huff about!
I'm not sure I'd go around claiming full plate is more comfortable than some form fitting cloth...

But reason and safety are debatable, considering
A) The champions in the league of legends are infinitely healed and revived according to lore.
B) The combat is extremely face paced and mobility is key.

I'd feel a lot safer on the battlefield if I was Akali rather than Garen.

Evil Enchantress

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Ah. Now I think I'm recalling why I may have glazed over particular arguments you may have raised, be they thoughtfully valid or ripe for dismissal.
I get that it's difficult to see through the kind of vitriolic frustration that posters like one you quoted and, admittedly, myself have a tendency to put out, but please understand that at least part of it comes from the fact that we've had this conversation many times before. Since the last one that I know of that you took part in, there was the release of Shyvanna, an honestly innovative female champion, and now Ahri and Sejuani. It feels like there was one step forward, and two steps back.

Cryypter

01-12-2012

Here are some examples of females with reasonable armor (minus the heels on Leona) that are easily identifiable as such.

Maximilian

01-12-2012

Someone has obviously never seen Ezreal. They already have other female body types, they just don't use them often.

Evil Enchantress

01-12-2012

Mandy, we're not comparing Akali to Garen, here. We're comparing a chilly Sejuani, and one who's properly bundled up for winter. Poor thing's getting frostbite on her belly, just because someone decided that LoL's target demo is hungry for pixelated skin.

Sylph

Emissary of the League

01-12-2012

This thread is hilarious.

Joruri

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryypter View Post
Here are some examples of females with reasonable armor (minus the heels on Leona) that are easily identifiable as such.
****, I did not mean to hit downvote! >_<

Anyways, here's the lovely tumblr a lot of these pictures are coming from: http://womenfighters.tumblr.com/page/21

Amin

01-12-2012

There's a market out there for scantily-clad women with above average chest size, small waist size, large hips, and a noticeable ass. I'm part of that market, I would much rather see a visually appealing character than one that is not. Just simplify it.
1. Say you're out on a walk and you're a straight and single male.
2. Every time you go out on a walk, your eyes are focused on the person in front of you.
3. Would you rather stare at an ambiguous figure not being able to make heads or tails on the gender, or would you rather stare at a Kim Kardashian figure?
I can very well assure you that a majority of single and straight males would pick the second option. I'm aware of it, and riot is aware of it. Stop nit picking something that wont be changed unless you're asking for a complete shift of interests. Where functionality comes above appearance in any sort of graphic. Only place where I can see the opposite being true is if it were to be in a story. Where imagination of how visually appealing a character can be either judged by the readers or established by the author.