New Color Palettes Available for Colorblind Players!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SexyShady

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2012

I am not colorblind, but I believe that this is super smart and SUPER thoughtful of Riot to do this for other players. Thank you Riot!

Laser Tornado

01-13-2012

This will legitimately help me instantly. I didn't realize you normal people had it so easy, distinguishing spells and (especially) player icons from one another.

Thanks, Riot!

Digital Devil13

01-13-2012

I am red/green colorblind and this update has made my day.

Shadeofher

01-13-2012

This is awesome! I knew my husband was colorblind and he'd sometimes ask "Is that person on our team?" but I didn't know how bad it was. He was flipping through the colorblind picture and the normal picture, unable to tell the difference. He is very excited about the colorblind feature coming up... and if that's how things really look to him, I'm excited as well. You guys are great.

Jigsetcza

01-13-2012

My friend is colorblind so I know how hard it is for him to play. Awesome job guys.

superman22nd

01-13-2012

I was actually just talking about how hard it was to play seeing how i am color blind just the last time i played i greatly appreciate that roit has takin time to help me and all of its other red green colorblind people! maybe i wont suck so bad now lol

Hugh Akston

01-13-2012

Thanks Riot. I don't know how many games I've played that have never given out patches to help the colorblind.

There's something like 1 in 10 men that are partially colorblind, and the majority do not know it. In many cases it's just a case of preference, such as the numerous people here who have stated that they aren't colorblind (might be) but will probably switch to the new colors anyways.

I'm not entirely sure which type of colorblindness I have, however I am fairly certain it's one of the rarer and more disabling types of colorblindness. This patch will help me more than can be expressed.

My only further question is, will there ever in the future be the option to change the team colors from blue and purple to otherwise? They both look exactly the same to me.

LeonButcher

01-13-2012

Awesome initiative Riot!

Adm Jackbar

01-13-2012

I have what's known as Red Green Color Confusion - basically, red and green have 0 contrast to my eyes, and I can't tell the difference between blue and purple. It's been a pain, sometimes with the ground aoe markers and especially the minimap - some portraits aren't easily spotted (Brand/Annie for instance on Summoners Rift)

I hope this helps me, and thank you Riot for actually looking out for your players - You've gained so much respect in my eyes

Victarius

01-13-2012

Brilliant idea, well done Riot.