Still no voices of towers dying

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lutcikaur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

When towers and champions die there is like a 50% chance of me not hearing the sounds from them. :/ Messes me up greatly.

Pipelá

01-12-2012

got that problem too, since the last patch.

jaywatford

Lead Sound Designer

01-13-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Hey guys,

We're still trying to track down a way to repro this problem. Are the announcements usually dropped while another announcements are going on, or are they not playing even when they are the only announcement that should play?

Para

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2012

Yeah I am getting this too... For awhile I thought there was a setting but glad to know I am not the only one.

And no there are no other announcements.. Tower dies and nothing is announced.

Ellrin

Recruiter

01-13-2012

Honesty, just build a message Que and force a readout. If you have one now, something is not caching right or it is to small.

Lutcikaur

01-13-2012

Nothing else is playing at the time, it just has random spikes of announcement and non anouncement.
Example:

enemy lee sin dies to redbuff (we lol'd) but there was no announcer. (not sure if normal)
I get a kill top (announcer)
a minute later, bottom gets a kill (no announcer)
about 30 seconds later bottom gets a second kill (no announcer)
about two minutes later jungle counterjungles succesfully and kills leesin (announcer)
~1min bot gets their tower (no announcer)
~3min i kill top (announcer)
~10s i get a tower top (announcer)
~1min mid dies (no announcer)
:C

edit : hope that helps c;
edit : i also just did a repair and i havent noticed a non anouncer. but ive only played one game so far. the bathroom has been calling. x.x

Werewolf Link

Recruiter

01-13-2012

For me, it's random, but it's either all or nothing. I either have announcements, or I don't.

TGDM

01-13-2012

I still don't have the Random icon for champion selection and 9/10 games I don't hear "First Blood". As for the tower announcements, it's more of a random sequence: some towers do it, some don't, and it changes every game.

Killamang

01-14-2012

I am also having the same issue. For me it just seems to be random when the announcer announces a kill or tower kill.

thereggin

01-14-2012

i hear absolutely no announcer soudns with new patch.. i tried repair and no help.. no minions spawned, first blood, enemy has been slain etc etc. also no champions taunt/laugh sounds etc.