Pantheon/Talon Bot, Meta beware.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hellraze7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voscility View Post
This will not work against 1600 elo+ sorry.
I would love to give it a shot and find that out.

Voscility

01-11-2012

sorry it wont lol

Hellraze7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voscility View Post
sorry it wont lol
Sorry to hear that, guess my goal is to challenge that, i will see you on the other side my friend. =) Thank you much for your input.

InChrisWeTrust

01-11-2012

I main Talon and even though your set up is nice, a Talon/Rammus Or Renekton (or pretty much anyone pretty tanky with a dash and a stun) would hurt your plan pretty hard. it would come down to who the better talon is most likely. Pantheons stun is nice but after that he has pretty low damage output aside from basic attacks and his ult is pretty useless in a close fight, early game hes useful but pantheon falls off pretty hard in the middle. Although a fed Talon if played right is pretty much gg ( of course so is a fed anyone) So basically anyone that would force you to split your focus would hurt your stuff pretty hard( And a banshees veil counters everything you believe in) ,But yes talon with anyone that has a stun is beefy early game.

Also, my Talon build is straight insanity but it works better than you'd think. what is yours?

thepantsparty

01-11-2012

you might try talon/sion, as sion provides the same stun as panth but a farmed sion is probably more useful lategame than a farmed panth.

Krausier

01-13-2012

Countering a support lane with 2 very scary ad heros? it works i have seen it and sadly been a victim of these but only when the AD carry and support switch to top lane since that meta seems to been somewhat commonish now.

Deathmare

01-13-2012

It all depends on who you're up against. Any melee AD gap-closer combo that has pantheon in it is going to have serious damage output. If you're against a lane that either can't sustain well enough or can't CC well enough, then sure you'll get an advantage. The problem is, you wouldn't ever be able to CS. You'd be FORCED to get kills and/or the tower for any combo like that to be viable. If you get shut down, there's 2/5 of your team that are immediately useless for the majority of the game.

It'd be interesting to see what combos it countered though.

MegaBerryCrunch2

Recruiter

01-13-2012

If their support is an alistar, it'd be hard for that combo to work. Alistar would just stand in front and every time you got close, headbutt/pulv'd away. But even against the more squishy supports...janna could knock you away and give her AD an uber damage buff, soraka's heal adds a ridiculous amount of armor (people forget the armor part of her heal) and sona's also a pretty high armor buff. Since your both AD, that could hurt you a lot, even with ArP runes. A good support would have warded the brush if they noticed you were trying to double kill lane so they'd know where you were, and if they do play cautiously and you get no kills, your CS will suck. Sure, so will their's, but that means they have one player missing on cs and your team has two (since support doesn't cs). Double damage lanes are fun and can catch a lot of people off guard, but the meta is the meta for a reason unfortunetly...it works.

TaIonS

01-13-2012

I see no reason why this wouldn't work, I mean, I roomie and I play Panth or Olaf with Leona bot. No one escapes, and that's only a little more CC and way less burst. To people saying it's dumb obviously A: Aren't good enough to play without a proven to work combo, or B: Aren't good enough with their main champs to win vs a proven to work combo. It's all the player.

Tyrang

01-13-2012

Double carry bot lane is the kill lane. You HAVE to score kills for farm. If you are not getting any kills, you will be way under-farmed, and your team will have two useless member in end game.

Also, the lane has no sustain whatsoever. imagine going against a soraka lane. You guys will naturally push. A good player will control the creep waves to the "safe zone" (the area between the turret and river). And they will just sit there and farm all day with soraka healing all day. Also, you will be exposed for jungle ganks if you pushed that far up. Since it is duo carry lane, I don't expect u guys to ward all that much, which adds to the problem.

The gamestyle is made into meta cuz it works and makes most sense.