Brainlizard's Tier List: Boredom Incarnate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FetisPuncher

Senior Member

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jars View Post
nasus has zero pushing power early on. he deserves all the hate he gets and is not a good bot because by the time you get siphon strike cd low enough to farm, and have spirit fire high enough to clear out minions you have lost your node like 5 times to someone that can actually push. not to mention any other bruiser can go bot and pick on him. Jax is a MUCH better hypercarry bot. until tuesday. then who knows
between u and the tuna - u keep thinking that yourselfs while i roflstomp wiff my Nasus all day ^_^


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Telandra

Senior Member

01-16-2012

don't forget to put my kayle under ban tier.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MarsCollective

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exsnypre View Post
One glaring problem first:
If you believe Mundo or Nunu are viable picks in Dominion, please go back to Summoner's Rift. They are the 2 worst choices for picks on Crystal Scar. I've actually banned them often just so my team won't pick them.

The fact you're recommending AP Yi in Dominion tells me alot about how unqualified you are to write a tier list.

Ashe has the same or better map control than Ez thanks to not only her Ult but her Hawkshot.

Lux is similar to Ashe and Ez only with a shorter range ult. She also puts out really good sustained damage as an AP caster due to her passive, and has incredible utility. When played well, Lux should routinely top the leaderboards.

Udyr is the king of tanking in teamfights. He's one of very few tanks who can put out consistent CC and really good damage. He also chases extraordinarily and can cover the map quickly to help bot and whatnot.

Warwick is similar to Udyr in the fact he can tank and deal really good damage. He lacks CC other than his ult (though it's relatively low cooldown with a good build), but nobody chases better than he does and his E cover's about 2/3 of the map when he's in the jungle allowing the entire team to chase better or avoid ganks by low health enemies.

Shen should be in the needs buff tier. If he builds AP to increase his damage output, he's less tanky. If he builds pure tank, his Ult shield is paper thin. He also provides nothing but an ult on a ridiculously long cooldown and his taunt. He doesn't provide enough to make him a good pick really ever.

Viktor is not strong tier. He should be need buff tier. He is outclassed by Vlad and Morde, arguably the 2 worst AP casters pre-Viktor.

Your needs nerf tier is pretty meh. Vayne is arguably as strong or stronger than Poppy due to the same reasons (all the walls, faster movement, etc). Yet she's only needs nerf? Blitz and Singed are no stronger on Crystal Scar than Summoner's Rift. Wukong is strong, but not better than Xin Zhao, Tryndamere, Jarvan, or any other tanky DPS. He only has 1 CC, while the others have more and on shorter cooldowns, and despite what you say, he's just as affected by Thornmail. His shred even increases the damage Thornmail does to him. Ryze might be the only champ that actually belongs here.

I'm tired of typing now.
Lol.. that post was hilarious.

Ill reply you just because LoL just went down and I have nothing else to do for the next 15~ min. Lets go in parts.

Quote:
If you believe Mundo or Nunu are viable picks in Dominion, please go back to Summoner's Rift. They are the 2 worst choices for picks on Crystal Scar. I've actually banned them often just so my team won't pick them.
Mundo and Nunu are indeed viable in Dominion, and they can actually be quite strong. They are simply comp dependant (situational).

Also funny how "sometimes" you decide to leave 2 ban-worthy spots open just so you dont give someone the opportunity to amaze you with champions you believe are not strong enough.

This part almost made me fall of my chair laughing:

Quote:
The fact you're recommending AP Yi in Dominion tells me alot about how unqualified you are to write a tier list.
lol... I know for a fact brainlizard is easily one of the top 20~ best dominion players at this moment. He plays at top elo dominion with other excellent players like nekrogen, big mclarge huge, etc. Im pretty sure he has over 500 dominion games total. But sure, you probably know better than him.. lewl

Oh, and AP Yi is not only viable, but really freaking strong with/against the right comp.
Otherwise go watch nekrogen's top elo stream and see him trollitate all day carrying top elo games with the ocassional AP Yi.

Quote:
Ashe has the same or better map control than Ez thanks to not only her Ult but her Hawkshot.
lol.. Ashe gets jumped by a bruiser? Insta-dies. Ez gets jumped? E, kites, succeeds.

Ashe's ult can also only hit 1 capping player at a time (good players wont cluster cap with an ashe on the game) while Ez can hit multiple enemies while being harder to avoid at the same time.

Lux.. brain said it spot on. A pro Lux player will bring only what a half-decent Ez can bring to the table in 99% of the games.

Lol at Udyr.. kiting bro. Probably one of the easiest champs to kite in the game, let alone in Dominion where comps are usually strong on the kiting department.

WW is decent, but nowhere near as good as you try to put it. As brainlizard correctly stated it, against smart players you will never proc his E. Never. So there goes a skill to the trash. Lol at nobody chases better..

Shen.. from what you said, clearly you have never seen a good player playing Shen in dominion. He's on par with Leona in terms of almost everything and in the right comp and the hands of a good player, he can easily be game changing.

Quote:
Viktor is not strong tier. He should be need buff tier. He is outclassed by Vlad and Morde, arguably the 2 worst AP casters pre-Viktor.
I wish I had read this part before starting this reply.. I would have then known you were trolling and not being serious.. or at least I honestly hope so.

I guess you are playing against manamune Viktors or something.. lol.

Quote:
Your needs nerf tier is pretty meh. Vayne is arguably as strong or stronger than Poppy due to the same reasons (all the walls, faster movement, etc). Yet she's only needs nerf?
Vayne is strong. But nowhere near AS strong as Poppy. And I mean nowhere near. NOWHERE o.O

Quote:
Blitz and Singed are no stronger on Crystal Scar than Summoner's Rift.
Lol.. have you ever played Dominion at all? I hope you realized in your dominion stay that there is this little thing called "everyone finishes their builds" aka "free aoe gold". In SR in the current meta Blitz has to go Support bot and never ever ever ever ever will have a true bruiser build unless the game went on for like 3 hours.

Quote:
Wukong is strong, but not better than Xin Zhao, Tryndamere, Jarvan, or any other tanky DPS. He only has 1 CC, while the others have more and on shorter cooldowns, and despite what you say, he's just as affected by Thornmail. His shred even increases the damage Thornmail does to him. Ryze might be the only champ that actually belongs here.
Lol.. you have to be trolling. You have to. Wukong not better than Trynd/Jarv.. lol.

lol..

lollllllll

!!!!!!

Funniest part is that you actually have the guts to say that his shred INCREASES the dmg TM does to him LOL!!!! I almost cry of laughter in this part. Buddy here is a tip for you.. ArmPen counters TM. MR counters TM aswell. Lifesteal does not counter TM (I asume you were on this side of the knowledge river). Newsflash! O.o

Btw, Wukong has free resists. In 3v3 skirmishes he gets free 24 armor/MR. That is free MR/lvl glyphs and 2x flat armor seals, just by being there. But I guess Trynd has some secret spell in him that does this aswell.

Jarvan can be on par but only on the right comp. The thing is, Wukong doesnt need a right comp. He's strong wherever you put him.

Quote:
I'm tired of typing now.
Me too, but this was so funny I had to.

Cheers and thanks for the laughs!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stimuz

Senior Member

01-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsCollective View Post
Funniest part is that you actually have the guts to say that his shred INCREASES the dmg TM does to him LOL!!!! I almost cry of laughter in this part. Buddy here is a tip for you.. ArmPen counters TM. MR counters TM aswell. Lifesteal does not counter TM (I asume you were on this side of the knowledge river). Newsflash! O.o

Cheers and thanks for the laughs!
The combination of the 3 counters TM. The fact that wukongss entire ult is uneffected by TM also counters it. TM also reflects damage before resists, so the guy you quoted was just being retarded.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

brainlizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vastatio Tactics View Post
I find the fact your focusing on her Q rather amusing. All her Q does is substitute your auto-attack for an attack that is your total attack damage plus up to 140 and acts as a gap closer. I find it even more amusing that your focusing on her CD since it is instantly reset when you kill anything using it, this includes Shaco boxes, minions, Yorick pets, Wukong/leblanc clones etc etc.

The thing that makes Irelia stand out is her W passive/active truedamage/heal and her constant passive CC reduction. The only reason people rank her Q first is so they don't have to time there abilities to maximize there sheen procs.
None of that is my point My point is that when directly comparing her to Xin, who DOES out damage/sustain her, the key piece I hadn't appreciated is that her gap-closer is on half the CD his is. That is a MAJOR difference in terms of mobility during a fight. A 3.6s gap-closer (with full CDR and ranks) + CC reduction is insane mobility, enough so that I think she deserves to go into strong tier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLarge Huge View Post
Right now the only things that are extremely hard to counter are: WW, Vayne+Supports, LB, Panth, Yorick.
Why LB over Kass? I've seen you rip with her, but honestly, no more than the top Kass players. What sets her apart?

And why WW over Skarner? My experience playing them is that Skarner's mobility and built-in slow puts him solidly above WW. Am I missing something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLarge Huge
If you're better then you're opponents go stuff like Cass, LB, Talon, Vayne, Graves, even TF. If your opponents are better then you.. Go stuff like WW, J4, Kog, Riven, Akali, Irelia, those champs are fairly easy to have an impact with even if you play poorly.
This is excellent advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLarge Huge
----------Champs I think are given too much credit as being OP.
Ryze: Play a ranged against him and gib him and use ignite while you do it. Ryze's survival is tied very closely to his spell leech and being able to combo the rubbish out of melees. Rather then stacking melee DPS and just getting melted by bouncing AoE, while he spell leeches you.
This is great advice on countering Ryze. However, in light of how easy he is to play (see your former point about playing easy-to-play champs vs superior players), how hard he counters non-ranged DPS, and how well he fights around towers due to his tankiness, I don't think it warrants dropping him below "needs a nerf".

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsCollective View Post
Lol.. that post was hilarious.

<snip>

lol... I know for a fact brainlizard is easily one of the top 20~ best dominion players at this moment.
Wow, thanks for the backup I was debating whether to even reply to that other post, but you've done it for me and then some!

Also, I had no idea I was a top 20 player until last night when I checked JabeBot. I'd just assumed I was getting matched with those guys because MM was desperate


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

brainlizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jars View Post
nasus has zero pushing power early on. he deserves all the hate he gets and is not a good bot because by the time you get siphon strike cd low enough to farm, and have spirit fire high enough to clear out minions you have lost your node like 5 times to someone that can actually push. not to mention any other bruiser can go bot and pick on him. Jax is a MUCH better hypercarry bot. until tuesday. then who knows
I don't agree about Nasus's pushing power. It's true that his Q won't get super farmed because you'll probably need to level Spirit Fire first, but Spirit Fire pushes extremely well. Furthermore, his lifesteal means that he can sit just outside his tower and tank minions if he really has to. I suck with Nasus, and I never have troubles with pushing. Where I fail is picking when to start fights

Quote:
I like irelia a lot on dom. I go more of an ad/cdr build than triforce. I think people going starting sheen--> triforce are giving her a bad name on dom. not quite as good as lee sin, but better than sion/riven.
I agree that sheen before CDR and rank 5 Q makes little sense, but why AD? Her true-damage steroid doesn't stack with lifesteal/crit/armor-pen (I assume), so I'd think she's a Wit's End champ all the way.

I'd be inclined toward Wit's, CDR, some hp/armor, then trinity, then more defense.

I could see either of these builds working very well:

Mercury Treads
Frozen Heart
Trinity Force

or

Ionian Boots
Wit's End
Randiun's Omen
Trinity Force

Runes/Masteries compelete the remaining CDR in both cases.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FetisPuncher

Senior Member

01-17-2012

Nasus playability doesn't seem to show unless you have the right mind set and skill to pull it off it seems..

because everywhere i hear Nasus's name people always say stuff like Q farm dependent and spit fire farming.. which is "NOT" how you play Nasus in dominion.. i dont know how many times I've said this, even made a guide about it long ago at Dominion dominion's site, people still fail to recognize that the way you play Nasus in SR and in Dom are two different play styles.

that is what separates the good Nasus players from the nooblets.org


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-17-2012

AD mostly because prospector's items are I feel a necessity at windmill(+200 health too good), so I get the blade, and then ghostblade is the defacto cdr item for auto attackers. then it's either starks if I'm dominating, or straight to SV+randuin's to max out my cdr.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MarsCollective

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
The combination of the 3 counters TM.
What I ment is that Lifesteal alone does not counter it (doesnt matter how much you get, if you dont get MR or ArmPen to go with it, it doesnt counter it), but MR alone can counter it and ArmPen alone can counter it aswell.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SweetTooth

Senior Member

01-17-2012

Just going to pick this one bit out

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainlizard View Post
And why WW over Skarner? My experience playing them is that Skarner's mobility and built-in slow puts him solidly above WW. Am I missing something?
WW > Skarner because you can go CDR and MPen on Warwick and end up being tanky (thank you frozen heart and spirit visage) while still doing lots of damage and having massive sustain from hungering strike. Warwick can simply out last most anyone and still stay on them thanks to Blood scent.