Brainlizard's Tier List: Boredom Incarnate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

urmamasllama

01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakinTheHeat View Post
Then I guess its a good thing there is like one good xerath in the entire dominion community.

That being said, he dominated my team from across the map and was generally doing annie full combo level damage from way out of range

But, I've only seen one. Haha.
too bad for you i just got back into playing league

GANGBANGARANG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2012

Malzahar pisses on Xerath in everything but range and defensibility. Pushing power, burst, CC, AoE, dependability. He's a lot harder to play, though, and his lack of escapes is a big weakness since when his ult's on CD all he has is a silence. At least Xerath has all that armor.

EMeta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakinTheHeat View Post
Then I guess its a good thing there is like one good xerath in the entire dominion community.

That being said, he dominated my team from across the map and was generally doing annie full combo level damage from way out of range

But, I've only seen one. Haha.
I think we'd see more of him if Ahri wasn't so popular. But she just totally shuts him down, since she has an extra damaging ability and a ult that seems designed to counter his.

He plays very differently than most mages though, and I think once more players invest time into him we'll slowly see him around more. I'd much rather see him on my team than Annie or Fiddle.

Cortexedge

01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argodis View Post
I don't know why I click these threads expecting to see an actual good tier list.

Oh well, maybe next time.
true words

EMeta

01-15-2012

Honestly the discussion around a new list is probably worth more than any given list. I like to know outside of my own games & my own +30 game elo what champs are getting action and how they're doing. If you want tiers lists to agree with your own experience, just make your own.

jars

01-15-2012

nasus has zero pushing power early on. he deserves all the hate he gets and is not a good bot because by the time you get siphon strike cd low enough to farm, and have spirit fire high enough to clear out minions you have lost your node like 5 times to someone that can actually push. not to mention any other bruiser can go bot and pick on him. Jax is a MUCH better hypercarry bot. until tuesday. then who knows

I like irelia a lot on dom. I go more of an ad/cdr build than triforce. I think people going starting sheen--> triforce are giving her a bad name on dom. not quite as good as lee sin, but better than sion/riven.

and yes lux deserves bot tier

GANGBANGARANG

01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jars View Post
nasus has zero pushing power early on. he deserves all the hate he gets and is not a good bot because by the time you get siphon strike cd low enough to farm, and have spirit fire high enough to clear out minions you have lost your node like 5 times to someone that can actually push. not to mention any other bruiser can go bot and pick on him. Jax is a MUCH better hypercarry bot. until tuesday. then who knows

I like irelia a lot on dom. I go more of an ad/cdr build than triforce. I think people going starting sheen--> triforce are giving her a bad name on dom. not quite as good as lee sin, but better than sion/riven.

and yes lux deserves bot tier
agreed. Irelia with prospector/boots2/phage/atma/wit's end is hella strong. max W, farm all day. can focus one defensive stat too. Nasus is a phat joke, one trick pony. most champions that excel lategame on SR excel in dominion, but Nasus and Veigar don't for obvious reasons. They don't bring anything special to compensate for their weak start. Veigar at least can sort of compensate with champion kills if he last hits a lot.

Big McLarge Huge

The Council

01-16-2012

Right now the only things that are extremely hard to counter are: WW, Vayne+Supports, LB, Panth, Yorick. Those champs will have a significant impact on the game even if you play their 'hard' counters. Though, WW is countered by Vayne fairly well. That said I don't think WW has a solid counter besides Vayne which is dependent on supports vs dive teams so that's why I toss him up there as picking him means you have to pick a very specific counter strategy.

If you're better then you're opponents go stuff like Cass, LB, Talon, Vayne, Graves, even TF. If your opponents are better then you.. Go stuff like WW, J4, Kog, Riven, Akali, Irelia, those champs are fairly easy to have an impact with even if you play poorly.

----------Champs I think are given too much credit as being OP.
Ryze: Play a ranged against him and gib him and use ignite while you do it. Ryze's survival is tied very closely to his spell leech and being able to combo the rubbish out of melees. Rather then stacking melee DPS and just getting melted by bouncing AoE, while he spell leeches you.

Jax: I see lowbies that still think Jax is strong on dominion. Get an Sword of Divine.. Go toss it on any other melee DPS. Watch Jax drop. ???? profit. (of course by patch day it wont be that easy).

All steathers: Get in the habit of getting a sweeper and in team fights tossing the active AoE out as a fight begins. Or playing hard counters like Soraka with a sweeper--she can cast her starcall on stealthed targets and the button will light up when they are near.

Least that's my 2 GPs.

Hugs From Momma

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jars View Post
not quite as good as lee sin, but better than sion/riven.
Riven is bad? Whut?

Exsnypre

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainlizard View Post
UPDATES: Xin and WW bumped down to 'comp-dependent'.

Here is a tier list for you to rip apart Why? Because Dominion is fun!

Explanation of tiers
-Ban Tier is exactly that: the six champs you do NOT want on the enemy team. These guys are game-changers.
-Needs Nerf Tier is for champs that I firmly believe could use some nerfing, simply because they outclass their counterparts.
-Strong Tier is for champs that are pretty much always going to be good picks. They're in a very good place, design-wise.
-Comp-Dependent Tier is for those champs that only do well with or against certain other champs.
-Needs Buff Tier is for champs that would always do even better as some other champ.

Each tier is simply in alphabetical order.

* denotes those champs that really require strong mechanics.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Ban Tier
Kassadin, Poppy, Rammus, Shaco, Urgot, Yorick

Needs Nerf Tier
Blitzcrank, Pantheon, Ryze, Singed, Talon, Vayne, Wukong

Strong Tier
Ahri, Akali, Alistar, Brand*, Cassiopeia*, Evelynn, Ezreal, Fizz, Gangplank, Graves, Heimerdinger, Karthus*, Kog'Maw, LeBlanc, Lee Sin*, Malzahar, Maokai, Nasus, Nocturne, Orianna*, Riven, Rumble, Sion, Skarner, Soraka, Twitch, Viktor*

Comp-Dependent Tier
Amumu, Anivia*, Annie, Corki, Dr. Mundo, Fiddlesticks, Garen, Gragas*, Irelia, Janna, Jarvan IV, Jax, Katarina, Kayle, Kennen, Leona, Malphite, Master Yi, Morgana*, Nidalee*, Nunu, Olaf, Shen, Shyvana, Sivir, Sona, Swain, Taric, Teemo, Tristana, Tryndamere, Twisted Fate, Udyr, Volibear, Warwick, Xin Zhao, Zilean

Needs Buff Tier
Ashe, Caitlyn, Cho'Gath, Galio, Karma, Lux*, Miss Fortune, Mordekaiser, Renekton, Trundle, Veigar, Vladimir, Xerath*

------------------------------------------------------------------

Some explanations/notes for some champs:

Urgot somehow doesn't dominate mid elo like he does high elo. My theory is that Urgot counters resists, which mid elo players seem to ignore. At higher elos, where the importance of resists is understood, he melts face. Don't ban him if you're below +30 wins, I'd say.

Ryze should be banned if you have first pick, because he's so easy to play and you want to force the enemy team to give you one of the Ban Tier champs.

Blitz, Panth, Talon, and Wukong are simply the kings of the bruisers. In particular, they have great gap-closer abilities and are not affected by thornmail nearly as much as champs like Sion and Xin. Also, Blitz and Panth have particularly strong map-control.

Akali still has that ult for insane clean-up powers.

Brand and Ori have incredibly powerful ults for 3v3 jungle fights. If you watch high elo Brand/Ori players, you'll notice they stay out of sight. They don't want the enemy to see their ults coming.

Nasus hate is nonsense. No other hypercarry-type farms/pushes as well as he does, which makes him an exceptionally good bot. Just don't expect to beat AP Yi once his "trollitate" gets up there (darn you Nekrogen!).

Skarner hype should have died down by now. No hard gap-closer means he's just not ban-worthy. Great champ, but not ban-worthy or in need of a nerf.

Amumu still goes with other AOE champs like cookies 'n' milk. Get him with the right allies and you can crush 3v3s.

Corki's escape cooldown is simply too long to be quite as good as Ez. However, if the enemy team doesn't have gap-closers, he's got Vayne-level DPS with a strong poke. He can also handle bot lane fairly well.

Mundo still has a great poke skill and an insane AD steroid, so should not be completely disregarded. Vs. a team without escapes, he's still going to pound face. Trouble is, escapes/kiting are very common in Dom.

Irelia and Olaf are simply inferior to other bruiser champs in most cases. If you need true damage (e.g. vs. Poppy) or a lot of CC-reduction, these two can be very good. Otherwise, it's an uncommon game where Irelia/Olaf are better picks than the bruisers in the Strong Tier.

Janna and Leona are the queens of babysitting, so if you have an ally to work with, these two are actually really, really good. But in most solo Q games, the required coordination means you're better off with Ali/Mao/Blitz for your CC.

Master Yi AP Yi vs. no interrupts? Trollolololol So silly...

Morgana depends on landing her Q so much that she just folds in the open. She's really only good as a bot-lane counter-pick.

Tristana is too weak for too long. If she has a team to carry her through minute 17, however, she can win it from there.

Udyr is even easier to kite than Skarner and Mundo So again, if you can kite him, he sucks. If you can't, he's very strong.

Ashe, Caitlyn and Miss Fortune simply have nothing to offer over other ranged DPS champs. Graves and Urgot are miles beyond them on bot. Ez has better map control and kiting. Corki and Vayne out DPS them. Kog is a better 'baby-sit-ee' than any of them. And none of them comes close to Tristana's endgame.

Lux brings nothing to the table, sadly. Amazingly good Lux play means you break even with a half-decent Ez player

Renekton and Trundle break my heart Two of my favorite champs, but they simply fall off too hard in the end game. Great for levels 6-14. **** afterward

Change Log
-Dropped WW to comp-dependent. In most cases, Skarner simply outclasses WW by too much.
-Dropped Xin to comp-dependent. His short W duration makes him too susceptible to teams that kite well.
One glaring problem first:
If you believe Mundo or Nunu are viable picks in Dominion, please go back to Summoner's Rift. They are the 2 worst choices for picks on Crystal Scar. I've actually banned them often just so my team won't pick them.

The fact you're recommending AP Yi in Dominion tells me alot about how unqualified you are to write a tier list.

Ashe has the same or better map control than Ez thanks to not only her Ult but her Hawkshot.

Lux is similar to Ashe and Ez only with a shorter range ult. She also puts out really good sustained damage as an AP caster due to her passive, and has incredible utility. When played well, Lux should routinely top the leaderboards.

Udyr is the king of tanking in teamfights. He's one of very few tanks who can put out consistent CC and really good damage. He also chases extraordinarily and can cover the map quickly to help bot and whatnot.

Warwick is similar to Udyr in the fact he can tank and deal really good damage. He lacks CC other than his ult (though it's relatively low cooldown with a good build), but nobody chases better than he does and his E cover's about 2/3 of the map when he's in the jungle allowing the entire team to chase better or avoid ganks by low health enemies.

Shen should be in the needs buff tier. If he builds AP to increase his damage output, he's less tanky. If he builds pure tank, his Ult shield is paper thin. He also provides nothing but an ult on a ridiculously long cooldown and his taunt. He doesn't provide enough to make him a good pick really ever.

Viktor is not strong tier. He should be need buff tier. He is outclassed by Vlad and Morde, arguably the 2 worst AP casters pre-Viktor.

Your needs nerf tier is pretty meh. Vayne is arguably as strong or stronger than Poppy due to the same reasons (all the walls, faster movement, etc). Yet she's only needs nerf? Blitz and Singed are no stronger on Crystal Scar than Summoner's Rift. Wukong is strong, but not better than Xin Zhao, Tryndamere, Jarvan, or any other tanky DPS. He only has 1 CC, while the others have more and on shorter cooldowns, and despite what you say, he's just as affected by Thornmail. His shred even increases the damage Thornmail does to him. Ryze might be the only champ that actually belongs here.

I'm tired of typing now.