Brainlizard's Tier List: Boredom Incarnate

1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Basoosh

01-12-2012

I actually thought this list was pretty good. No list is going to appease everyone, but this is one of the better ones I've seen.

lbgsloan

01-12-2012

Seems fairly reasonable to me. I'd switch Jarvan and Orianna though. Jarvan is always pretty good, while Orianna is pretty situational. Xin should be bottom tier. He's a pubstomper against bad players who build glass cannon and have no cc on their team. Against good teams he's a liability to the team.

brainlizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
Seems fairly reasonable to me. I'd switch Jarvan and Orianna though. Jarvan is always pretty good, while Orianna is pretty situational.
Jarvan is definitely one of those champs I'm still really up in the air about. Ultimately, I went with comp-dependent because I think he's generally going to be worse than the other tanky derps in the "strong tier". It seems like you really want a team that can leverage his ult before he's a particularly strong champ.

Orianna may not deserve her placement, I dunno. I'm just really struck by how dominant she and Brand can be when played by very good players. Most of the time, though, the player isn't good enough to control such a mechanically challenging champ.

Quote:
Xin should be bottom tier. He's a pubstomper against bad players who build glass cannon and have no cc on their team. Against good teams he's a liability to the team.
I still don't see why this would be. I played some Xin last night to see if something jumped out at me, and it was pretty much what I expected: very strong fighter with a decent gap-closer.

He has so much innate offense that you just give him a ghostblade and phage and call it good. That's 4K of items, leaving you free to invest heavily in defense.

If anything, he seems to be a champ that is going to typically outshine Jarvan, unless your team can really abuse Jarvan's ult. Maybe I have that backwards.

EMeta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

This is probably the tier list that most closely matches up with what I've seen. Sure, I'd more a couple champs around, but no one agrees on everything. Nice job.

With regard to Xin, his ganks are better than most bruisers, to the degree that I always play a more conservative bot game if he's in the game & I lost track of his location.

EMeta

01-12-2012

It may just be one of those selective set things, but everytime I've seen a Sona in Dom, she's carried her team. (And I've been bot or something so not noticed why.) Does anyone else have that experience?

urmamasllama

01-12-2012

Brainlizard = Brazilian Dr.
Don't know that I can trust you to make a tier list :-\

brainlizard

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMeta View Post
This is probably the tier list that most closely matches up with what I've seen. Sure, I'd more a couple champs around, but no one agrees on everything. Nice job.
Thanks! I appreciate the nice words

Quote:
With regard to Xin, his ganks are better than most bruisers, to the degree that I always play a more conservative bot game if he's in the game & I lost track of his location.
Hadn't thought of that, but you're right, Xin messes me up bot a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmamasllama View Post
Brainlizard = Brazilian Dr.
Don't know that I can trust you to make a tier list :-\
lol!

urmamasllama

01-12-2012

not a bad start and the fact that you seem to take criticism fairly and give logical counters mean i will upvote... even if you are a secret Br. Dr.

my input would be that xerath deserves a jump up in tiers he is a very strong bottom although one that has counters (cassi for one) his spammable long rang aoe means you can defend a point w/o being seen and lets you push a lane to half way w/o leaving your turret although you must pay constant care to avoid getting ganked he is very similar to heimer - hard to take on turret but melts like butter off

MrRecht

01-12-2012

Tryndamere should be in the "needs a buff section". ^_^

MVpmack

01-13-2012

I totally don't think Shaco is in ban tier. What does he actually accomplish, aside from

either: get owned and run away
or: be slightly annoying with boxes until someone buys a sweeper/oracle's
or: punish bads and everyone whines

Absolutely not behind anything saying Shaco is imba. He does some good things, like provide good jungle vision and can deal a fair chunk of damage with an ambush while having some escape potential. However, he's not ban-worthy and I'm not afraid of him at all. Just don't chase him, problem solved.

1234567 ... 9