Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Brainlizard's Tier List: Boredom Incarnate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Donald Yu

Member

01-11-2012

ban tier: gp, rammus, shaco, poppy, akali, eve, nidalee


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Little Boy Nate

Senior Member

01-11-2012

Akali definitely deserves to be nerf-worthy tier because of the insane burst she can put out with minimal items. Her shroud is a godsend when defending your base, giving you essentially 8 seconds of them not being able to do anything or get bursted while you wait for your team.

Also, while I respect the amount of time you put in: almost everyone is viable in dominion (yes, even lux) and should not restrict people to a tier list when it is so much about champion control and not comp or raw damage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dr Evìl

Recruiter

01-11-2012

downvote viktor.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

brainlizard

Senior Member

01-11-2012

Quote:
Hugs From Momma:
Pretty good overall, but I think you're wrong about lumping Irelia in with Olaf. Xin and WW are better? No way. Sustainwick is annoying but his damage is so slow. Xin has nothing going for him at all.


I can see bumping WW down for the DPS reasons. Back when there were more bruisers and fights lasted longer, he had a bigger role than he does now.

I'm not sure why you think Xin goes lower, though. His steroids are really, really good. In Classic, Irelia beats Xin because she outfarms him so hard. At the same gold, however, Xin is stronger, while bringing just as much CC and gap-closing. FWIW, I think most Xin builds I see are questionable. I'm going to have to play him some and see if it changes my opinion (I used to main Xin top back when that was cool).

Quote:
On the top tier, I prefer to ban Vayne over Urgot as there's so many Vayne players out there and she's the single champ most likely to run away with a game late (though Urgot will smash you early, no doubt). Basically there's only a few good players who like to play him, so I've seen.


Yeah, I expect that will change, however. He's more fun to play than Vayne, and overall stronger (so many cool ult tricks). He builds as a bruiser very, very well, so while Vayne will melt face if left unchecked, Urgot will crush her (and most everyone else) in a straight up fight. For one, Urgot's Q means he doesn't really care much about Frozen Heart or Thornmail.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

brainlizard

Senior Member

01-11-2012

Quote:
Dr Evìl:
downvote viktor.


I had him as trash until I finally saw some high elo Viktor play. That gravity field can be really, really good.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

brainlizard

Senior Member

01-11-2012

Quote:
Maxijazz:
Also, while I respect the amount of time you put in: almost everyone is viable in dominion (yes, even lux) and should not restrict people to a tier list when it is so much about champion control and not comp or raw damage.


Curious what you mean by champion control? If you mean mechanics (like well-placed skillshots), then remember that I say I assume very good mechanics.

As far as Lux, most of what I see is that Lux players who do well belong in a higher elo bracket There are some VERY good Lux players out there that I would happily have on my team. However, if those same players played Ezreal, they'd be even stronger.

FWIW, many of my old SR mains are in the "Needs Buff Tier", so I would love to be wrong


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mufins

Senior Member

01-11-2012

Quote:
Maxijazz:

Also, while I respect the amount of time you put in: almost everyone is viable in dominion (yes, even lux) and should not restrict people to a tier list when it is so much about champion control and not comp or raw damage.


lol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EinzigerAI

Senior Member

01-11-2012

Quote:
Maxijazz:
Akali definitely deserves to be nerf-worthy tier because of the insane burst she can put out with minimal items. Her shroud is a godsend when defending your base, giving you essentially 8 seconds of them not being able to do anything or get bursted while you wait for your team.

Also, while I respect the amount of time you put in: almost everyone is viable in dominion (yes, even lux) and should not restrict people to a tier list when it is so much about champion control and not comp or raw damage.


Noooo Akali doesn't need more nerfs

The easiest way to counter akali is with an oracles. Problem solved.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bridget FF

Senior Member

01-12-2012

Pantheon is fine.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

skyqula

Senior Member

01-12-2012

Ow man, Xerath in "needs a buff". Your making me laugh so hard xD