Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tiger vs Phoenix Udyr

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyrang

01-13-2012

Also need to add, tiger is the preferred way to lane with Udyr.

Orun713

01-13-2012

Both are situational based on what you are aiming to accomplish. I have played both recently and have had success with both. I think the challenge lies in picking the right one for the situation.

jetpotion

03-26-2012

Phoenix udyr tends to be faster in the jungle and you dont have to get wriggles just to clear the jungle.I mean it easier for newer players to use tiger stance while experience use phoenix.If your team lacks a good a tank then you need to be the tank and go phoenix.Most guys in league of legends just want to do alot of damage so they pefer the tiger stance,when you really need a really tanky person in the front lines and your team doent have a tank.
Phoenix more for the better players and are alot of smarter with udyr(High elo jungling and knows how to do damage quite well)
Tiger for the newbies less experience(those who focus on doing damage dont want to be a tanky person and more useful for laning)This is most alot of people

BanderitaUSA

04-19-2012

Why talk about lategame when Udyr's lategame is so bad anyways. Your only concern lategame is to be tanky enough to disrupt the enemy AD Carry, nothing else. You won't kill him anytime soon unless the game is already won and you have so much advantage. But in that case the stance won't matter.
As Udyr, you wanna win with your super strong Early and Mid, and snowball your lanes, not farm for lategame dominance. You get fast Mercs, for super ganks, into Wit's End, for super fast clearings and heavy damage in ganks and dragon fights and then spam defensive items to survive the AD when Baron and pushing starts.

BanderitaUSA

04-19-2012

In any situation you would take Tiger Udyr for jungling, there will be better junglers than him. Phoenix is the only way to compete with the rest of the junglers.

NovaStar21

04-19-2012

Turtle Udyr is the best udyr

beavinator44

04-19-2012

i use tiger udyr 100% i dont think anything is wrong is with pheonix udyr its just i never did great with it but when i went to tiger i started doing amazing. i was soloing baron easy and the enemy team would run when they saw me. now granted i did what i could to make sure i was fed early setting up ganks and such which helps alot. the way u play him is up to u but my tiger udyr build has 501 speed in bear, almost max attack speed in tiger, 300 somethin AD plus extra damage from my items. i went 21/0/9 with tiger udyr and that was im my third day using him. i personlly think its better then pheonix but i never truly gave pheonix a chance i just kinda gave up and went to tiger.

KingofBlades15

04-19-2012

Quote:
beavinator44:
i use tiger udyr 100% i dont think anything is wrong is with pheonix udyr its just i never did great with it but when i went to tiger i started doing amazing. i was soloing baron easy and the enemy team would run when they saw me. now granted i did what i could to make sure i was fed early setting up ganks and such which helps alot. the way u play him is up to u but my tiger udyr build has 501 speed in bear, almost max attack speed in tiger, 300 somethin AD plus extra damage from my items. i went 21/0/9 with tiger udyr and that was im my third day using him. i personlly think its better then pheonix but i never truly gave pheonix a chance i just kinda gave up and went to tiger.

So, in other words, you play at 200 elo where no one focuses the squishy ass udyr with full damage items?

beavinator44

04-19-2012

Quote:
KingofBlades15:
So, in other words, you play at 200 elo where no one focuses the squishy ass udyr with full damage items?

no udyr is pretty tanky with out really buying tanky items so u can focus a dps build and still be effectivally tanky

Aikimiller

04-20-2012

Pheonix- Good AoE. Very good for clearing the jungle, because you kill everything at the same time, and good for teamfights, because you're dealing moderate damage to their entire team.

Tiger- Tons Of Damage to a single target.

Both are situationally very good. If you're dueling someone, you want to be switching to tiger stance as part of the rotation, but if your jungling you normally max phoenix first, because the clear time really is THAT FAST.