Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Help Us Stop SOPA

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rodbourne

01-11-2012

Down with sopa

Attract

01-11-2012

i find it funny at how vague the bill is. It just angers me at how if one company gets mad at one guy they can shut down the hole site. like its stupid the internet is all about sharing stuff and being able to do what you want and Jared Polis your a ****ing beast

Ibuki Suika

01-11-2012

We can't lose! LoL's Legal Counsel is Brolaf! :O

DJ Radix

01-11-2012

100 pg get

ArtaxIsDead

01-11-2012

People are starting to say that SOPA is just a cover to take attention away from PIPA and that not enough people are speaking up against PIPA as well.
Just wondering if I can get a red post with details on how PIPA will affect League if it passes but SOPA does not, or if one can even work to its "full potential" without the other.
Thanks!

Firestorme

Recruiter

01-11-2012

Polis for president!

DiviSteve

01-11-2012

Because i saw this, i felt more comfortable to spend my $10's on Riot.

Senor Crouch

01-11-2012

I think the government just unleashed Pandora's box on themselves this time. Not only are we, Summoners, in an uproar over this, but can you imagine the equal uproar coming from places like YouTube, the World of Warcraft Forums, the Second Life Forums, Google sites, and everywhere on the Internet? I mean this will literally affect everyone who uses the Internet as a form of social communication.

DJ Radix

01-11-2012

100 pages in 3 hours

Hedgethorne

01-11-2012

Quote:
Rep Jared Polis:
Hi, this is Congressman Jared Polis of Colorado. As a member of the League of Legends community (partial to Anivia and Maokai), and as someone who made his living as an Internet entrepreneur before being elected to Congress, I’m greatly concerned about the future of the Internet and gaming if Congress doesn't wake up. You may have heard that Congress is currently considering a bill called the Stop Online Piracy Act, or SOPA. While SOPA has a ton of problems, there are some significant issues that I thought fellow gamers might want to know about.

I’m particularly concerned that SOPA might stifle the kind of innovation that brings us games we love, such as LoL. The bill makes it far too easy for angry competitors to sue good law abiding companies out of existence. It threatens any company or website that depends on user-generated content, even companies like Riot. Instead of coming up with great ways to keep making games like LoL even better, companies will have to spend their money hiring lawyers. That's why companies like Riot, who want to protect the games they create, are opposed to SOPA.

I’ve been working on alternative legislation that would protect the games companies create while also fostering innovation. But we also need you to call your members of Congress and let them know of your opposition to SOPA. This bill has a very real chance of passing, and it is up to all of who want to protect the Internet to take action. More information is available at http://keepthewebopen.com/. Please make your voices heard in this debate! I will be happy to respond to your posts below, and will check back every few hours today and respond to as many as I can.

It's great to see our representatives taking action and getting involved in the things that we care about. (videogames in particular B-) I'm very fortunate to be able to say that I just turned 18 and live in your district, Congressman. You have my vote and quite probably the votes of my team members too. I'm confident we can backdoor the scrubs in Congress and kick SOPA out of it's jungle route, so to speak.

Thank you sir.
And in a side note, Anivia is where it's at.