Help Us Stop SOPA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pool Party Vayne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

I'm really glad to see the gaming community putting aside their differences and coming together to take down this bill

Sazdek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callumundo View Post
I propose a Congressman Maokai skin.
This needs to happen. OK TEXTURE REVISIONS GO!

Mao can be wearing a blue suit with a red tie. His overall color scheme remains the same as default mao. His twisted advance can wrap people up with legislation and papers and things. His saplings can all be holding briefcases and rolled up documents. His ult can be swirling briefcases all of which are packed to the brim and slightly overflowing with papers and/or staues of liberty.

Make it happen Riot and i'll make you VERY rich.

ombro321

01-11-2012

I dont understand why but they dont take my zip code D::: someone can help me i live in Canada

GG Cartman

01-11-2012

This is terrible. I am from Canada so I can't do much .

silithice

01-11-2012

well imma go ahead and say down with sopa censorship has never worked and never will listen congress when will you learn we will be heard and have our internets also ....... they cant stop it now to powerful

Roccano

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalunsi View Post
not clicking on the link
nice try riot but i dont want ur keylogger
You're an idiot.

ParanoidAndy

Recruiter

01-11-2012

This shows how I'll feel if SOPA passes.

Vuliev

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep Jared Polis View Post
The most awesome Congressman ever
I am intensely jealous of everyone that has you as their representative. Come on, Virginia elects people like Mark Cantor to the House while there are representatives like you? :<

Viro Melchior

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protomannnn View Post
Agreed. I'm not one to delve into politics, but this is definitely relevant to my interests and lifestyle.
It will most likely have a negative impact on how I enjoy living my life.

SOPA shouldn't happen. The current DMCA protocols are clearly enough. Piracy will never completely go away, but it doesn't effect sales to the point of collapsing a company unless they really ****ed up (looking at you Sega).

Most indie game developers dont care about the money. They want to get their work out there. The more people to play/see it, the better.
The larger corporations can deal with piracy on their own terms. Look at EA and Microsoft.
I had to quote this, as I've pirated games.
I currently have illegal copies of Civilization V, Total War: Shogun II, Anno 2070, and Sengoku.
I also recently downloaded Might and Magic Heroes 6.
And then purchased it within 2 days.

Why the difference?
MMH6 offered a ton of online-connection-required bonuses. I could have played the game single player just fine with an illegal copy. I could have even done hotseat. Nothing about the game is/was disabled when I don't connect to the online part except the minor perks for my Dynasty.

The other games just offer achievements (at most). Anno 2070 and Sengoku I downloaded to try before buying (and won't be buying considering they haven't been played in months). Civilization 5 I'll buy as soon as some of my friends decide to pick up the game as well.

What companies need to do to stop piracy is to actually give people who pirate (and like) the game a reason to still go buy it.
Or they need to switch to the F2P model. Like LoL. And the upcoming Diablo-clone Path of Exile (great game, its in limited beta currently).

What do most companies do? Use ridiculously annoying DRM that harms legitimate users more than pirates. Which then makes MORE people find piracy websites (in order to download the crack for the game, so that they can play without the DRM, even though they bought the game for full price). Which then leads to them pirating in the future.
Also release more demos. My #1 reason for an illegal download is to try it out without sinking $40-$60 into the game based on previews and an initial day or two of professional-only reviews.

Digigigas

01-11-2012

i sent in my letters, so should everyone else. thank you Riot for your support in helping to stop SOPA!