Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Help Us Stop SOPA

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Offtheheazy

01-12-2012

"As a former Senate staffer and redditor, I will tell you that the most effective course of action in this situation is to call the DC offices of only your own Senators directly. Speak to the staff assistant, who will take down your comments and log them into a tracking system. Make it clear to the staffer that you are calling in opposition to SOPA. In the briefing prior to the vote, the staffer assigned to SOPA will inform the Senator of the aggregate constituent sentiment as reflected by phone calls and letters. Their vote recommendation will be, in part, based on constituent sentiment. Most senators will make up their minds based on the information provided to them by their briefing staff.
The more phone calls this issue receives, the clearer constituent sentiment will be to these Senators. Take the time to call a few times a day if possible. This is by far the best way to make an impact. In person meetings will have the same result."

Quoted from a comment on reddit.

Dats wut she zed

01-12-2012

What is SOPA anyways?

XION300

01-12-2012

Anybody else worried by having to give up your location to sign a petition against this?

Melanchior

01-12-2012

Quote:
XION300:
Anybody else worried by having to give up your location to sign a petition against this?

Unnecessary paranoia. Nothing will happen to you. It's not like you're revealing the government's dark dirty secrets.

belthazor3457

01-12-2012

Quote:
XION300:

If you would trade away your freedom, and that of everyone else, for a little bit more security, then you do not deserve either, and you will lose both.

bahamutkaiser

01-12-2012

I'd rarely take the time to really follow thru with something like this even though I agree with it... but yal made it so **** easy. Props to the people that set up the corespondance to msg our congressmen. Wish it was this easy to complain about everything I dislike about the government... oh wait, I have other things to do with my life >.>

maria4life

01-12-2012

Stop sopa!

Stop the sopa!

Promeithius

01-12-2012

This sounds like it could be bad, however the net isn't owned by america, so in theory you could move these sites to Australian servers, out of the US control... just a thought, this is in no way an attempt to bring the league servers here to make for less lag <.<

evets433

01-12-2012

Quote:
Natures Wrath:
People never died for anonymity but for rights. You have no right to be "hidden" or remain anonymous online. It's currently a luxury you happen to have.

Guys, isint it obvious that natures wrath is the co-ordinator of SOPA??????

evets433

01-12-2012

Quote:
NOp311:
I hope that riot will be shut down soon ....such useless company, we care not!

Now this guy, he is either wasted.... Stole a 10yr olds iphone.... or got a permabann for trolling in game.

So he now hates riot, your opinion about riot is nothing scrub.