Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Help Us Stop SOPA

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thedyingninja

01-12-2012

Quote:
SuHeLoTuFa:
ur soooo missing the point, if that's the case, riot wont be worried, the thing is SOPA is over strict to the point just using extremely slight design ideas can get it banned/ punished what ever.
with SOPA you cant even come up with art designs that have 9 tail, or a song that uses a similar rythem from another song etc

you need to actually go read the bill, this isnt expanding on the definition of intellectual property at all.

chide da jungler

01-12-2012

in US politics money talks.

get your chinese masters to lobby this bill to death or pay for it yourselves.

Rufiox

01-12-2012

De que manera podría ayudar ?, siendo que soy de otro país de habla hispana.

ZeroKuno

01-12-2012

I think this time on the fields of justice, instead of fighting against each other we should take the fight together against SOPA.

I hereby want to make an announcement to assemble all trolls and grievers to get together and fight against SOPA with us!

Actually now that I think about it...isn't SOPA full of those trolls?

Seemeasthis

Recruiter

01-12-2012

bumpity bump bump

deth2munkies

01-12-2012

Oh hey, look. My representitive was the one who authored the **** bill.

Whelp, better do some actual research before I send him something instead of some stock letter.

manickitty

01-12-2012

Quote:
Rep Jared Polis:
Hi, this is Congressman Jared Polis of Colorado. As a member of the League of Legends community (partial to Anivia and Maokai), and as someone who made his living as an Internet entrepreneur before being elected to Congress, I’m greatly concerned about the future of the Internet and gaming if Congress doesn't wake up. You may have heard that Congress is currently considering a bill called the Stop Online Piracy Act, or SOPA. While SOPA has a ton of problems, there are some significant issues that I thought fellow gamers might want to know about.

I’m particularly concerned that SOPA might stifle the kind of innovation that brings us games we love, such as LoL. The bill makes it far too easy for angry competitors to sue good law abiding companies out of existence. It threatens any company or website that depends on user-generated content, even companies like Riot. Instead of coming up with great ways to keep making games like LoL even better, companies will have to spend their money hiring lawyers. That's why companies like Riot, who want to protect the games they create, are opposed to SOPA.

I’ve been working on alternative legislation that would protect the games companies create while also fostering innovation. But we also need you to call your members of Congress and let them know of your opposition to SOPA. This bill has a very real chance of passing, and it is up to all of who want to protect the Internet to take action. More information is available at http://keepthewebopen.com/. Please make your voices heard in this debate! I will be happy to respond to your posts below, and will check back every few hours today and respond to as many as I can.

Holy ****, unexpected.

Sir, if I were in your constituency I'd vote for you. Either way, write your local congressman!

amandamonium

01-12-2012

Done, done, & done...though I suspect my representatives support the bill T.T

Zaptar

01-12-2012

Does this affect other countries too...e.g. I sometimes stream from australia using all sorts of music... would that cross your laws streaming to own3dtv..

SuHeLoTuFa

01-12-2012

i cant believe there will be a second China