Help Us Stop SOPA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anil

01-12-2012

+1 to Riot for coming out in public support of this. I like your company even more for having the guts to make a statement. Here's the responce I got from my senator.

Dear Mr. S---------:

Thank you for writing to me about copyright law. It's good to hear from you.

The PROTECT IP Act (S. 968) would give the Department of Justice (DoJ) authority to identify and take legal action against websites that market counterfeit or pirated goods.

I understand your concerns about this bill. Copyright laws are supposed to protect the creative property of artists, and it is important that these laws be followed. However, I agree that any efforts to strengthen the protection of copyrighted materials must be well planned, avoid unintended consequences, and must not stifle free speech or innovation.

S. 968 has been passed out of the Judiciary Committee and is awaiting action by the full Senate. Knowing of your views is helpful to me, and I will keep them in mind as Congress continues to debate this issue.

Thanks once again for writing. Please let me know if I can be of assistance in the future.

Sincerely,
Barbara A. Mikulski
United States Senator

Natures Wrath

01-12-2012

[double posted]

BonzaiBilly

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

Thank you L.O.L!

I am employed at a considerably large software company, and I just sent a notice to our legal team considering this would impact us as well... It's my guess/hope that they are all over this, but ya never know!

Keep on rockin the free world!

Thedyingninja

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneyed Asian View Post
When you are an adult later in life and you have next to zero freedom on the internet (or anywhere else, for that matter.. this bill could essentially snowball into worse situations!) you'll be telling your children how you wish you weren't so ignorant and misinformed back then, and that you didn't support a nation-wide destruction of our Freedom of Speech that you acted like not protesting SOPA/PIPA is some sort of act of rebellion or spite towards ONE single gaming company?

It's people like you that make me embarrassed to even exist in this country.
aww another person that resorts to personal attacks. so predictable, and it makes you look SO SMART!
Im not opposing them because i support them. Second, i AM an adult. in fact im 28. I used to be a political fundraiser, and im quite intelligent. Now, that being said, Im making a decision based on the information that i have been afforded. If that is a problem for you, too bad. Keep resorting to personal attacks and the cheesiest defense ever "this could snowball into worse things" Yes, every single bill COULD snowball into something esle. But guess what, we DO need to hold companies accountable if they are a conduit for the breach of copyright laws. Let me guess, you have no problem with illegally downloading music, movies, games and such?

Natures Wrath

01-12-2012

I'm actually for SOPA.

I'm against net neutrality/ anonymity in the sense that like those that say the NRA should be gone and then "only gangsters would have guns" mentality.

I believe there should be no anonymity on the net and everyone should be held accountable for what they do.

This is a major hurdle to get over but it's one of the first to ensure net anonymity is gone.

Originalien

01-12-2012

This has nothing to do with copyright infringement and any person who is actually aware of groups like the buildergerg group know this is just another assault from corporate/government powers against the 1 weapon we the people have left, the internet

Thats how they see the internet, as a weapon. Because it allows human beings to communicate immediately and share ideas in a manner which is difficult for big brother to strangle into control.

Watch the zeitgeist documentaries if u havnt and dont know what they are, becaue they are OLD internet culture and i think it amazing that alot of people still havnt seen these documentaries, or that young people who are born into the world of internet culture dont know they exist, unlike a lot of us who have been raised pre-internet ( can u give me a dancing baby what what! )

The internet is our last weapon off free speech, of un censored mediums. Censor this and u might as well just put a fvcking stream of ur house online for the government to watch u masturbate and just get it all over with once and for all, by it i mean ur human rights

Thedyingninja

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krogoth1 View Post
Do you have a facebook account? Or twitter? Or some other thing like 9gag, 4chan, or funny junk?
Yeah, if this passes, you can kiss all of them goodbye.
Thats not true at all, just means they have to filter content, which they ALL already do.

Originalien

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natures Wrath View Post
I'm actually for SOPA.

I'm against net neutrality/ anonymity in the sense that like those that say the NRA should be gone and then "only gangsters would have guns" mentality.

I believe there should be no anonymity on the net and everyone should be held accountable for what they do.

This is a major hurdle to get over but it's one of the first to ensure net anonymity is gone.
LMAO plz line up to be sheared and dipped.....

BAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH BAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Brainwashing is powerful ur post is proof of this

BestialHuntress1

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krogoth1 View Post
You seem to think that we have a chance to vote on this being passed or not. We wont be able to vote on it (Not from what I have heard so far) but we can, and I already have, send messages and emails to the state congressmen/women, as well as senators and tell them what we think about this.
if this ends up being a huge problem, affecting US Citizens, I promise (if passed) that the whole thing will cause a riot like none other, I have friends that threaten Congress (not saying names) if this passes then many things will get outa hand, I know that for a fact.. too many people complaining and they will be doing, Congress needs to take in consideration what they are putting themselves up against... And trust me a lot more to deal with, I can gauentee that sites that have to do with drug dealers (such as scheduals and what not, to the extent what they do with it) will cause bullets and blood to go out. That if possible though. If not rioters every day will be standing in front of the Pentagon (more so more so) and police will be wasting their time for a stupid decision that the Goverment will make... Before its official (pass or not passed) they will have to look up against what consequences are.. And I am sure that will happen, and the mindset will change.

Natures Wrath

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalien View Post
LMAO plz line up to be sheared and dipped.....

BAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH BAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Brainwashing is powerful ur post is proof of this
I'm being sheared and dipped? LMAO.

You're the one complaining about something when it will soon become status quo.