Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Help Us Stop SOPA

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stevefin

Senior Member

01-12-2012

Quote:
Mooshbag:

and why should the American Government have the power to govern the laws in other countries?


Agree, and fits to part of the american stereotype that their gov is so happy to follow 'your not under our laws? not for long!'


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LoveSeatSon

Member

01-12-2012

Quote:
Nightraged:
I love LoL even more now. To know that the owners of this great game do not have their heads up their butt like so many other companies is relieving. Apparently I love Jared Polis as well, how cool.


The music industry has been crippled ever since the rise of piracy. So much so, that video gaming is now a more profitable industry than music. I'd be hard pressed to believe that the majority of the music people currently have on their computers is actually paid for. If it is, I respect you, if it isn't, quit complaining about SOPA you thieves. You wonder why music sounds awful nowadays and people come and go so quickly, why rock music cannot seem to find it a band that will rise to stardom and stay there, why rap music now all sounds vaguely similar. It's because the music industry is forced to follow trends and cannot afford to sign off beat bands that won't have an immediate impact on sales.

Yes, it's about the money, the music has ALWAYS been about the money for the record industries. No SOPA doesn't infringe on foreign countries use of the internet. You cannot legally be held accountable for downloading music in Canada by the American Government.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LoveSeatSon

Member

01-12-2012

what happened when the ndaa bill was passed. Oh wait, nobody gave a ****! You all are so hyped up on such a stupid bill that you let ndaa slip by! Want to know what ndaa does? It gives the military the right to patrol the streets and arrest anyone they feel like 'on the account of suspicion of terrorism'. How long will you be arrested? Well that can vary, depending on when they, yes they the military, so chooses. No trial, no rights, nothing!

Enjoy your stupid protests you liberal trash buckets! So worried about having to pay for stuff on the internet you don't even realize how screwed our future is now that you can be arrested indefinitly!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lolerdonkey

Senior Member

01-12-2012

SOPA, shhh.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WolfW

Junior Member

01-12-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhwuXNv8fJM


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImAComedian

Senior Member

01-12-2012

Ive googled **** about SOPA , can someone explain me how will it affect countries outside US ? , take Europe for example.
And what , could it just shut down sites like Piratebay ? D:


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LoveSeatSon

Member

01-12-2012

Quote:
ImAComedian:
Ive googled **** about SOPA , can someone explain me how will it affect countries outside US ? , take Europe for example.
And what , could it just shut down sites like Piratebay ? D:


The only way this will affect countries outside the U.S. is by shutting down U.S. based websites such as Pirate Bay. It may also have some indirect effects as well, such as the limiting of videos posted on YouTube, etc, etc. Any American site that posts copyrighted material that the said site or user does not have rights to runs the risk of being shut down.

What this means for people outside of the U.S. You can still steal your music, videos, etc, but it has to be from non-U.S. sites because they likely won't exist anymore.

If we were honestly that worried about foreign copyright infringement we'd have targeted China long, long ago.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HumanShld

Junior Member

01-12-2012

I did my part and wrote my congressman. I feel proud doing it. Btw, any chance we're getting "congressman Ryze"?

Quote:
ImAComedian:
Ive googled **** about SOPA , can someone explain me how will it affect countries outside US ? , take Europe for example.
And what , could it just shut down sites like Piratebay ? D:


Sites that are based in US and sites that may be hosted by US companies/hosted on US soil would be affected (Disclaimer: I have no legal knowledge) , which is bad enough. Youtube, wikipedia, yahoo, etc.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImAComedian

Senior Member

01-12-2012

Quote:
LoveSeatSon:
The only way this will affect countries outside the U.S. is by shutting down U.S. based websites such as Pirate Bay. It may also have some indirect effects as well, such as the limiting of videos posted on YouTube, etc, etc. Any American site that posts copyrighted material that the said site or user does not have rights to runs the risk of being shut down.

What this means for people outside of the U.S. You can still steal your music, videos, etc, but it has to be from non-U.S. sites because they likely won't exist anymore.

If we were honestly that worried about foreign copyright infringement we'd have targeted China long, long ago.


Oh I see, retarded law , that must not pass :_:
Btw , I thought piratebay was located in sweden ?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hengaru

Junior Member

01-12-2012

Quote:
LoveSeatSon:
what happened when the ndaa bill was passed. Oh wait, nobody gave a ****! You all are so hyped up on such a stupid bill that you let ndaa slip by! Want to know what ndaa does? It gives the military the right to patrol the streets and arrest anyone they feel like 'on the account of suspicion of terrorism'. How long will you be arrested? Well that can vary, depending on when they, yes they the military, so chooses. No trial, no rights, nothing!

Enjoy your stupid protests you liberal trash buckets! So worried about having to pay for stuff on the internet you don't even realize how screwed our future is now that you can be arrested indefinitly!


+1