Help Us Stop SOPA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jaziken

01-11-2012

If gaming companies support this Riot, you should hawk over them and sue them like crazy... No your to much of a good Samaritan to do that; well we can just get the support of everyone! We here in Australia are behind your movement!!

TiberiusAudley

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

01-11-2012

...how comes the Congressman gets a cool DARK BLUE? Man, now I don't feel as special.

wreakerofhavok

01-11-2012

love the subtle hint with ryze there if u dont know what im reffering to its the fact that ryze has an uncle sam skin. they couldnt actually use it cuz its going to far but wanted to let us know they would if they could. go riot!!

Wonderbolts

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

idk how or why people would make / agree to this SOPA garbage

the internet basically wont exist

XReyoX

01-11-2012

Next time when a gun is used to commit a crime, the firearm company will be sued.

ScArR3DsOuL

Recruiter

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep Jared Polis View Post
Hi, this is Congressman Jared Polis of Colorado. As a member of the League of Legends community (partial to Anivia and Maokai), and as someone who made his living as an Internet entrepreneur before being elected to Congress, I’m greatly concerned about the future of the Internet and gaming if Congress doesn't wake up. You may have heard that Congress is currently considering a bill called the Stop Online Piracy Act, or SOPA. While SOPA has a ton of problems, there are some significant issues that I thought fellow gamers might want to know about.

I’m particularly concerned that SOPA might stifle the kind of innovation that brings us games we love, such as LoL. The bill makes it far too easy for angry competitors to sue good law abiding companies out of existence. It threatens any company or website that depends on user-generated content, even companies like Riot. Instead of coming up with great ways to keep making games like LoL even better, companies will have to spend their money hiring lawyers. That's why companies like Riot, who want to protect the games they create, are opposed to SOPA.

I’ve been working on alternative legislation that would protect the games companies create while also fostering innovation. But we also need you to call your members of Congress and let them know of your opposition to SOPA. This bill has a very real chance of passing, and it is up to all of who want to protect the Internet to take action. More information is available at http://keepthewebopen.com/. Please make your voices heard in this debate! I will be happy to respond to your posts below, and will check back every few hours today and respond to as many as I can.
I am from CO too..! We all have to stop this at all cost..!

Narcosis Cyborg

01-11-2012

The really stupid thing about this, is that it affects Aussies as well cause if this gets shut down, it means I need to start paying more attention to my wife... and my sanity is already at breaking point.

Aussies unite against SOPA

Xenîth

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefriskygazelle View Post
All the supporters have completely impressed me... together... we have shut the internet trolls up with their "Oh i support the bill" nonsense, and we are giving riot one more reason to not support the bill. Im sure riot is very pleased with us and we give them a reason to stay strong! Keep at it guys! Riot loves us all and its now our responsibility to deal with the government ourselves, because they obviously cant see what we want! LETS GO FANS AND RIOT! Lets GOW3(Gears of War3) curb stomp that bill!
No. This bill actually got trolls to join the fight against it. That's how sad this bill is. When trolls join the fight.

UncleWillis

01-11-2012

Riot Games. Respect.

Alatian

01-11-2012

This is why Riot is my favorite company in the world.

Unmatched community interaction? Check.

Consistent improvement? Check.

In tune with current events and their playerbase? Check.

Riot is the company all other new game companies should look up to.