Help Us Stop SOPA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FleshCraft

01-11-2012

I never come to the forums but I had to login to show my support for this.

I've watched you make generally good decisions as a company over a few years of playing your game and even if everyone is doing it this one reflects strongly on that and my desire to support your game in wallet and word.

Thank you for your attention to balance!

HTFU

01-11-2012

It's kind of ridiculous how an american proposed bill will have consequences for everyone on the internet. american arrogance.

Seravertei

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

+respect for riot, for coming out to say this publically

Wicked Women

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxiel View Post
http://americancensorship.org

best way I found so far is to sign the petition... Petition is just for non-Americans, but there is a lot of good info for American citizens as well.
I signed petition thanks heaps aussie resident

Monkeyblazer

01-11-2012

SOPA is absolutely ridiculous.
+1

YokoNomi

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ire Researcher View Post
not unless you made the music yourself... but then it can't sound like the other music.
It'd have to sound pretty darn identical to something else since a lot of music sounds the same now days.

?pinal

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep Jared Polis View Post
Hi, this is Congressman Jared Polis of Colorado. As a member of the League of Legends community (partial to Anivia and Maokai), and as someone who made his living as an Internet entrepreneur before being elected to Congress, Iím greatly concerned about the future of the Internet and gaming if Congress doesn't wake up. You may have heard that Congress is currently considering a bill called the Stop Online Piracy Act, or SOPA. While SOPA has a ton of problems, there are some significant issues that I thought fellow gamers might want to know about.

Iím particularly concerned that SOPA might stifle the kind of innovation that brings us games we love, such as LoL. The bill makes it far too easy for angry competitors to sue good law abiding companies out of existence. It threatens any company or website that depends on user-generated content, even companies like Riot. Instead of coming up with great ways to keep making games like LoL even better, companies will have to spend their money hiring lawyers. That's why companies like Riot, who want to protect the games they create, are opposed to SOPA.

Iíve been working on alternative legislation that would protect the games companies create while also fostering innovation. But we also need you to call your members of Congress and let them know of your opposition to SOPA. This bill has a very real chance of passing, and it is up to all of who want to protect the Internet to take action. More information is available at http://keepthewebopen.com/. Please make your voices heard in this debate! I will be happy to respond to your posts below, and will check back every few hours today and respond to as many as I can.
Ughhhhh it's my man crush.
Anyone else watched the live streams as politicians admit they have no idea about how the internet works then vote against whatever this lovely gentlemen suggests?
Makes me a sad panda indeed.

Zerahei

01-11-2012

@ Riot games & all employees. I signed on today and saw "Help us Stop SOPA" on the launcher.
You guys have just made the #1 spot on my favorite / most respected game designer list.

As a fellow programmer, gamer, and US citizen I salute you.

La Chewbacca

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-11-2012

done! SOPA BAd

ArcMester

01-11-2012

May the wreath we have as summoners bring down SOPA!