Help Us Stop SOPA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Surge64

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

Thanks for the link, I just sent a few e-mails. If we keep these protests going, maybe we can get Congress to listen. I hope...

kainypoo

01-11-2012

I was waiting for gaming companies to start jumping on the anti-SOPA act and I'm glad Riot did. Thank you for spreading awareness to save our internet.

Lucano

01-11-2012

Even though, I do support anti-piracy measures. SOPA is unrealistic and extremist. I think that the people behind it cannot understand the consequences of SOPA at a global, wider, more lasting scale.

+1 to Riot, all my support.

Serazahr

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
Thanks for the support everyone - this is a big deal and is worth the effort of fighting it.
Yes Sir Tryndamere!

DeusExLamina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

The fact that SOPA even got this far is disgusting as it is. If it passes, it will destroy the internet community no matter how you look at it. Its 'goal' of trying to stop online piracy is admirable, but it overreaches on so many levels.

I'm willing to bet that most of the politicians who support this are fully in the pockets of the MPAA and RIAA, the two greediest organizations who will stop at nothing to destroy Fair Use so they can line their pockets with even more money. The other politicians who support this are ancient and have never used the internet themselves, much less Twitter, Facebook, or any online community. The latter group has no idea what we think, while the former group just doesn't care. I thought that this country was the land of the free, not the land of whoever pays the politicians the most.

Also, to the representative that posted here: I commend you on taking a stand against SOPA. Your support of our rights is literally the first good thing I've seen out of the government since the Clinton years.

Kitchoua Tembo

01-11-2012

t's times like these I'd like to be from the USAs, not from Canada. I feel so powerless. is there something I can do??

CommandShockwave

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
Thanks for the support everyone - this is a big deal and is worth the effort of fighting it.
But how can us Canadians help, eh?

I've got a bacon beaver with that bill's name on it, and I need some way of expressing my anger like maple syrup from a tree!

Aleerra

01-11-2012

Riot's rioting? Love it. Down with SOPA. Power to the players.

oh and Rep Polis. I love you.

Cillith

01-11-2012

Just an idea...Reddit is going offline for I believe 12 hours to protest SOPA...what if you guys took all league servers down for 12 hours? I think while it may be annoying for the players, me included, it will bring a LOT LOT LOT more public interest against a bill that may pass despite potentially destroying the free internet as we know it.

Tyrath275

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep Jared Polis View Post
u would just use Justin Beiber as your avatar anyway
You are my new favorite Congressman.