Help Us Stop SOPA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Foxton

01-11-2012

very good read.

9monkeyslove

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

Down with SOPA!

Foxton

01-11-2012

this was a very good read.

demon320

01-11-2012

This is not only the first law this year thats attempting to get passed that is so pointless and WILL hurt EVERYONE. I would help but me not being 18 makes my name worthless to the "uppers" Is what i like to call them. But WE as the people of the United States Of America need to stand up to them now and here! They a breaking constatution ammendments and altering them ALL THE TIME! Anyone who would do this should be in VERY VERY VERY BIG TROUBLE! So why not them? Also the government and things have been keeping secrets from us and having WAY WAY WAY more power then us as the people. Also again never should have happend. So PLEASE do your research and find more laws and more things that are very stupid of them to be doing and stand up NOW! IF we wait any longer we will have no more freedom and everything we do will be moniterd ALL the time. The goverment as of today can tap anyones phone and hear what they say anytime they want without asking or even a reason. Another law that is not passed but will be is one that allows them to put us in "jail" or what i call CAMPS anytime they want and make us dissapear and no one will ever know whare you went. They might even say you died and your body could not be recoverd. They are takeing away what we faught for a long time ago called "Freedom Of Speech". Please head this warning.

Monkey D Lüffy

01-11-2012

I wish people weren't so uneducated in our society, people need to stay informed and realize what the government is trying to do, not just SOPA but anything really. It's sad that the world is going to change forever these next few years and i'm afraid it might not be for the better.

Say no to SOPA!

Llama765

01-11-2012

I learned about SOPA just a few weeks back, but I've been trying to stop it ever since. +1 Riot

GhandiEAGLE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

Thank GOD riot is taking a stand for this. I have been following it on TL for awhile, and I think all decent companies should vocally oppose this. Especially places like YouTube, who have a LOT of followers who dont pay attention necessarily to politics. If they put it on their front page that this needs to be stopped, huge swing could be made.

alkapwny

01-11-2012

STOP SOPA. IF IT PASSES WHO ARE WE GOING TO LET LEAD THE WAY IN GAMING? MEXICO?! I've got no intention of playing feed the goat the MMO.

Novasty

Recruiter

01-11-2012

To bad Obama can't veto it.

Source Wikipedia -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veto#United_States

All legislation passed by both houses of Congress must be presented to the President. This presentation is in the President's capacity as Head of State.
If the President approves of the legislation, he signs it (sign into law). According to Article 1. Section 7 of the Constitution, when the president chooses, If he does not approve, he must return the bill, unsigned, within ten days, excluding Sundays, to the house of the United States Congress in which it originated, while the Congress is in session. The President is constitutionally required to state his objections to the legislation in writing, and the Congress is constitutionally required to consider them, and to reconsider the legislation. This action, in effect, is a veto.
If the Congress overrides the veto by a two-thirds majority in each house, it becomes law without the President's signature. Otherwise, the bill fails to become law unless it is presented to the President again and he chooses to sign it.
A bill can also become law without the President's signature if, after it is presented to him, he simply fails to sign it within the ten days noted. If there are fewer than ten days left in the session before Congress adjourns, and if Congress does so adjourn before the ten days have expired in which the President might sign the bill, then the bill fails to become law. This procedure, when used as a formal device, is called a pocket veto.

Connic

01-11-2012

Riot,Please don't post a link to some obscure guys that get my information (email, full adress, etc) and even if I opt out from their e-mails I still get an instant e-mail asking for a donation, an e-mail without any unsubscribe link. :O:O:O
eff.org - totally unprofesional, why would you link to them :O