Help Us Stop SOPA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RagingBabySeals

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

I wrote my congressman, hopefully he only needed one more person to change his mind.

Loleon

01-11-2012

I'm from the UK and I've made some facebook posts about it. I know some people from the US, and they are helping me spread the word. This piece of legislation is totally disgusting and reeks of corruption.

What I really DON'T understand is from a business point of view. Big companies such as film companies etc obviously support this (and probably suggested it in an 'underhand way' to start with...), but if you have facebook, google, youtube, twitter saying a big fat NO, what - if SOPA/PIPA passes - stops all of those companies from saying "goodbye USA, hello UK/EU/Japan" whatever? it seems to me that if the bills pass it is either isolate the rest of the world from your content in the US, or isolate the US from your content in the rest of the world. As a business, there is one clear choice surely (isolating the US).

Apart from the obviously draining/difficult task of 100% relocating your company to another country, what's stopping them doing exactly that? It's not like google (etc) only have a US office....

Edit: Really, who is going through and downvoting...

Gantzkiller

01-11-2012

It's so sad when something like this happens, i'm not from U.S.A. but i'm a member of this community, you have all the support from all the players that aren't from your country, we are together in this not only for the game, also together to put an end to the barriers that goberments want to create, when something really good like this community happens, in here you don't see colors, religions, or differences, you just have a good time and nothing else matters...

All my support from Chile.

Daniel Neira.

baldfat

01-11-2012

Just call your congressmen ASAP

Azure Bomber

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

Those that don't live in the US (like me), sign this.

http://americancensorship.org/modal/state-dept-petition/index.html

iblist

01-11-2012

It's times like these that I wish I was an american citizen.

STOP SOPA!!!!!!

SKT T1 Fabbbyyy

Recruiter

01-11-2012

league of legends always resolving the fighting between noxus and ionia. but they took the fields of justice into our world. this company is very unique. using action to show who and what they really are.

Enola Reverof

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by icchyhl View Post
yes, you would have to pay for the royalties for the music that you are playing, which would be hella expensive.
No,it wouldn't. A lot of musicians would probably offer up thier songs as opportunities to promote said songs. I garentee with a month of sopa,there will be websites for musicians offering lists of songs that they are willing to let people use for free in order to promote an upcoming album or some such non-sense.

A lot of you are forgetting something important in this discussion. This system has existed for thousands of years through hundreds of societies. It will not fall or collapse. Every time something changes, there is a reaction with red tape that puts it back to the way it was.

N o r

01-11-2012

how can someone outside of USA can support against SOPA?

Yuristocrat

01-11-2012

I believe I shall vote this year solely for the purpose of taking a stand against this bill. It is an outrage and a disgrace to the innovative and creative minds all over the internet. Congressman Polis, I applaud you not only for being able to admit as a United States congressman that you are a gamer, but actively encouraging those us like minded gamers to also take action. It is a noble step I would not have expected from the federal government in today's times, no offense intended.