Help Us Stop SOPA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

01-11-2012
6 of 14 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunderbar View Post
https://action.eff.org/o/9042/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=8173

^ I want to do this, but I'm kind of hesitant. They require me to fill in my name, last name, email address, address, and my zip. Isn't that kind of too much information? What does that site actually do with it? =|
You could check their privacy policy, but I believe it's sent in your letter to congress.

You could just copy their suggested letter, then mail it via the congress.gov site

- Zileas

Tryndamere

President / Co-Founder

Follow MarcMerrill on Twitter

01-11-2012
7 of 14 Riot Posts

Thanks for the support everyone - this is a big deal and is worth the effort of fighting it.

cuteandfuzy

01-11-2012

hi i have a question about sopa. is that thing deside just by US or is it biger caus i do understand that if US have it it will afect much of my web siteand i wont like it but if it is that also mean i cant even do anything -_-'

Charles Barkley

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorsScriba View Post
Here are the responses from my reps from a drive in December.
I hope you don't mind me downvoting your post out of sheer anger?

FadedChameleon

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep Jared Polis View Post
Hi, this is Congressman Jared Polis of Colorado. As a member of the League of Legends community (partial to Anivia and Maokai), and as someone who made his living as an Internet entrepreneur before being elected to Congress, Iím greatly concerned about the future of the Internet and gaming if Congress doesn't wake up. You may have heard that Congress is currently considering a bill called the Stop Online Piracy Act, or SOPA. While SOPA has a ton of problems, there are some significant issues that I thought fellow gamers might want to know about.

Iím particularly concerned that SOPA might stifle the kind of innovation that brings us games we love, such as LoL. The bill makes it far too easy for angry competitors to sue good law abiding companies out of existence. It threatens any company or website that depends on user-generated content, even companies like Riot. Instead of coming up with great ways to keep making games like LoL even better, companies will have to spend their money hiring lawyers. That's why companies like Riot, who want to protect the games they create, are opposed to SOPA.

Iíve been working on alternative legislation that would protect the games companies create while also fostering innovation. But we also need you to call your members of Congress and let them know of your opposition to SOPA. This bill has a very real chance of passing, and it is up to all of who want to protect the Internet to take action. More information is available at http://keepthewebopen.com/. Please make your voices heard in this debate! I will be happy to respond to your posts below, and will check back every few hours today and respond to as many as I can.
I wish my congressmen was like you

I highly doubt he even knows how to start a computer ...

Mooninites

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep Jared Polis View Post

The bill makes it far too easy for angry competitors to sue good law abiding companies out of existence.
a democrat against frivolous lawsuits? that's a first

Dave of Canada

01-11-2012

Let's make sure nobody feeds SOPA, it's OP lategame.

Bonestorm

01-11-2012

I'm Canadian though.

Would it affect us too? If it does/doesnt do we have any influence on if this will be passed or not?

Lord Schadadle

01-11-2012

Riot should def. do a custom map where both 5 players team join forces to stop the evil Commander Sopa! Or at least change Nashor's name to Baron Sopa for a while!

Mokai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

Not only is Rep Polis a League player, but he's also the only openly gay member of Congress who's also a parent. I think I found my favorite congressman.

It'd be a pleasure to play with you anytime good sir!