Help Us Stop SOPA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Novasty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by partyboy81 View Post
Is there any way we can stream and have music? Like any sort of permission?
We can, but we would need to pay for that right.

Capitalism boys, you gotta love it.

I'm not against it, it just has just as many flaws Communism has.

ForsakenM

01-11-2012

I contacted my Congressman, which is all I can do at this point other than protest and sign petitions.

immethanarponies

01-11-2012

I am incredibly angry at the US goverment.

This has to be the 25th time that they've tried to pull some **** in their country that nobody likes but ends up affecting canada as well as the US, despite us not having the ability to vote/do something about it.

If SOPA passes Canadian internet will be censored aswell because the censorship will be done based on IP address. All Canadian/American IP addresses are "generated" and distributed from an American office. There was some technical reason that they would just end up censoring both countries internet. I will try and find the link for this.

They also have a gun to our heads that they will probably shoot if we don't finish building our massive oil pipeline from the alberta oil sands down to tennesee.

But its ok because our Prime Ministers is a spineless ***** who has been bending over and taking it in the ass for the last 15 years from both bush and obama.

Don't get me started on that fiasco they've started in the middle east and then dragged canada and about 8 other european countries into.

Novasty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by immethanar*****s View Post
I am incredibly angry at the US goverment.

This has to be the 25th time that they've tried to pull some **** in their country that nobody likes but ends up affecting canada as well as the US, despite us not having the ability to vote/do something about it.

If SOPA passes Canadian internet will be censored aswell because the censorship will be done based on IP address. All Canadian/American IP addresses are "generated" and distributed from an American office. There was some technical reason that they would just end up censoring both countries internet. I will try and find the link for this.

They also have a gun to our heads that they will probably shoot if we don't finish building our massive oil pipeline from the alberta oil sands down to tennesee.

But its ok because our Prime Ministers is a spineless ***** who has been bending over and taking it in the ass for the last 15 years from both bush and obama.

Don't get me started on that fiasco they've started in the middle east and then dragged canada and about 8 other european countries into.
You said it once, don't repeat yourself.

TheUltimateMagi

01-11-2012

i'd help but i am australian :/

Xpense

01-11-2012

VOTE RON PAUL 2012.....Up with the constitution and common law...Down with a large federal government and ridiculous plots to help the new world order...Visit www.infowars.com...this has little to do with SOPA but seemed like a good time for people to open their eyes to more important things!!

Eorlas

01-11-2012

Just took the time to have that sent to my local congresspeople and added some words as well to supplement. No way am I going to stand and let this happen.

So glad to see Riot doing something more than just making video games; it's impressive.

AnathemicOne

01-11-2012

I just e-mailed my state (California) representative and senators to take a stance against this. Here's my letter format:

Dear Senator [name here]

I am a college student but more importantly an Internet enthusiast, computer science is a great field of interest to me and is one of my main goals to obtain a degree in during my college career.

The bill known as the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) has recently come to my attention, though I appreciate its basic intent the bill's current form will not do.

This bill seriously threatens Internet infrastructure and innovation. Simple acts such as online streaming, sharing user-generated content (videos, music, etc.), forum-going (websites dedicated to conversation for a particular group of people), etc. will be affected and might outright be banned and shut down.

I agree that some sort of action should be taken on the issue of piracy but the cons heavily outweigh the pros on this bill and if it indeed passes the future of the Internet and the field of computer science looks grim indeed.

So again, I implore, nay plead you to take a stance against this bill for the safeguard of our greatest medium of free speech in today's world, the Internet.

TorridsTower

01-11-2012

Rather than sit idly by and let the government go about its evil blacklisting, RIOT is taking a stand. I love and respect that, RIOT. IF SOPA gets passed then all of us summoners will riot and take out the big nexus....Washington

combator

01-11-2012

banned SOFA.....