Help Us Stop SOPA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BerryKawaii

01-11-2012

First off, I would like to thank League of Legends and Riot for offering their support. I would also like to thank Congressman Jared Polis for showing his support. It is not every day that you find a gamer in a high ranking office and I just wanna say mad props ^^. Anyways, we all know what SOPA is, and if you don't I suggest you google it. We are at a major turning point in human history. Many people are concerned and fearful of what may become of our future with good reason. Unfortunately, in the past decade, we have seen massive revocations of our rights that have been validated through fear. If you value what at the very least appears to be our last free and open source of information, the internet, it is important that we all take a stand against these unjust laws that are being created in haste with only corporations, the wealthy and the powerful being heard. Yeah, online piracy has become an issue, but the issue would not even exist if wealth were more evenly distributed and not horded by the few. In short, if this bill passes it will be the worst thing for intellectual creation and absorption that we have seen since the Patriot Act.
STOP SOPA

DotOrg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

Is there any way we can stream and have music? Like any sort of permission?

Nero119

01-11-2012

I'm doing as much as I can from here in australia.. I'll try and get some people to.. work on getting rid of SOPA and PIPA. I'm sorry, but if the US thinks they can control the internet via SOPA, the internet will fight back.

Soedan

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyxy View Post
Kudos to Riot and Summoners from WA!

Wrote my Senate and Reps for my District (Inslee, Cantwell, Murray)

Cheers!! ^o^
Hey I'm from WA thx and yeah I wrote to them too. Oh i'll let my bro and sister know about this they have a lot of friends and are extremely internet savvy.

EDIT: I E-mailed them just now.

Letkhar

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GelgoogJager View Post
I blame Obama. He screwed up the military, healthcare, the economy, and now he wants to ruin the internet.
ITT: The President personally writes all legislation.

HonomonMan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

if sopa passes we will just have to overthrow our government

or protest whatever

icchyhl

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by partyboy81 View Post
Is there any way we can stream and have music? Like any sort of permission?
yes, you would have to pay for the royalties for the music that you are playing, which would be hella expensive.

HonomonMan

01-11-2012

man American citizens have less and less freedom everyday

chrixt2

01-11-2012

i want to know how we can help, im from argentina,and i am against SOPA too

RagingStormX

01-11-2012

If SOPA was a woman I would punch her in the face. I don't hit women.