Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Help Us Stop SOPA

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gailen

01-11-2012

Quote:
Amoramune:
I am no homophobe, meaning I do not harass someone if they are openly gay. I am a Chrisitan.

Random fact, did you know that our founding fathers wrote our declaration using several bible verses and speficially mentions "Under God?"

Look it up sometime.

You totally just pwned yourself...

The US has forgotten what is was. Who it was. The US was founded as a secular state with great individual rights.

The "Under god" comments and the "In god we trust" were added in the cold war as a part of rabid McCarthyism - the Soviets were very anti-religion, and in response the US associated Atheism with communism, so they have basically turned themselves into a Christian Theocracy. Idiots.

Myoakinurface

01-11-2012

If people want to pirate online they will do it there is always a way to get around anything no law will stop that. All the law does is prevent the honest people from doing things that they enjoy.... And the law is unconstitutional as it is violates our arguably most important amendment -.-.

LizzardMan

01-11-2012

Any doubt that the congressman owns the Bald Eagle Anivia skin?

Akai Tsuki

01-11-2012

Riot, get your art team together to make an information banner and ask streamers to overlay this somewhere on their stream. Right at the people who would be most influenced by the SOPA.

Also, may I ask what the effects of this are for EU players? How would SOPA apply to EU based streamers and events?

YouShotMyMelons

01-11-2012

Quote:
Amoramune:
I am no homophobe, meaning I do not harass someone if they are openly gay. I am a Chrisitan.

Random fact, did you know that our founding fathers wrote our declaration using several bible verses and speficially mentions "Under God?"

Look it up sometime.

1. The Declaration does not say "Under God". You're thinking of the Pledge of Allegiance.

2. "Under God" was added to the Pledge in 1954, during the red scare, as a way to "combat the commies" by extremely ignorant people.
http://oldtimeislands.org/pledge/pledge.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pledge_of_Allegiance

3. Many of the founding fathers everyone loves to misquote were atheists, which is why they brilliantly built in the separation of church and state.

4. Look it up.

BaffledCarbuncle

01-11-2012

Well I feel better. flooded Facebook with videos and links. Wrote several e-mails to my reps as well as getting six of my fellow IRL summoner buddies to write as well. TMW I will be attending the university handing out pamphlets I wrote up to help spread awareness. This is typical American government....all you outsiders have 0 influence 0 say you're meaningless....BUT....but......the laws we pass will affect you too....and we can sue you extradite you imprison you etc etc. I urge you all to help out, do some research. I would also like to thank all of you who are not american but are trying to do your part as well. I'm sure others appreciate it as well and in a sense I think letters from other countries carry a bit more weight in terms of opening congresses eyes. As one summoner put it we are a community and it's times like these we can show people what we really are capable of.

legomeniko

01-11-2012

stop the SOPA ITS F U C K I NG bad for all things on the internet :-)

Esoptros

01-11-2012

Quote:
LizzardMan:
Any doubt that the congressman owns the Bald Eagle Anivia skin?

hahhah I strangely see that being true. XD

Laelae

01-11-2012

This is horrid...

https://action.eff.org/o/9042/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=8173

Before my rights get taken away Im going to share that. Thanks government. I love being a part of north Korea.

Got mad of my friends to send emails to. i think i got about 46?

ArkyriosXV

01-11-2012

I really want to stop SOPA but, I live in Canada so not much I can do