Help Us Stop SOPA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GatsuRage

01-11-2012

I just gonna say this: 23-25 of this month, no internet. Disconect ur internet cables, turn off ur modems, for those days, NO INTERNET!
Sign in against S.O.P.A!:
http://www.avaaz.org/es/save_the_internet/?vc

edit: 1 more thing... if this goes on, and this "law" actually happends, internet wont be more "safer" will be WAR. mark my word...

Munegazer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

Glad to see LoL has gotten into the fight over SOPA

AznAero

01-11-2012

Lets stop sopa!

Oleoay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

SOPAPIPA: Bad
SOPAPILLA: Yummy!

Vincent Sangue

01-11-2012

I wrote my congressman and am about to go to http://keepthewebopen.com/ , glad to know that there are government officials who support LoL.

xbehindyou

01-11-2012

"Attacks our community. Aspects of our service such as the official forums and potentially even in-game chat, could be taken down or have their features reduced based on user behavior."

Hell i dont think thats bad because i always get banned for no reason, no proof no nada not even an email sent to me, that would elimanate that problem, and make riot more strict on private policy since technicaly the Tribunnel breaches that.....

hondo23

01-11-2012

what can i do to help stop this from passing? idk what i would do without my fgc streams for the tourney's half way across the u.s. that i want to see......=(

MooseNuckles

01-11-2012

For ****S SAKE does the government have to be so **** controlling seriously don't believe this. Government these days are so ignorant....

Hellig

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep Jared Polis View Post
Hi, this is Congressman Jared Polis of Colorado. As a member of the League of Legends community (partial to Anivia and Maokai), and as someone who made his living as an Internet entrepreneur before being elected to Congress, Iím greatly concerned about the future of the Internet and gaming if Congress doesn't wake up. You may have heard that Congress is currently considering a bill called the Stop Online Piracy Act, or SOPA. While SOPA has a ton of problems, there are some significant issues that I thought fellow gamers might want to know about.

Iím particularly concerned that SOPA might stifle the kind of innovation that brings us games we love, such as LoL. The bill makes it far too easy for angry competitors to sue good law abiding companies out of existence. It threatens any company or website that depends on user-generated content, even companies like Riot. Instead of coming up with great ways to keep making games like LoL even better, companies will have to spend their money hiring lawyers. That's why companies like Riot, who want to protect the games they create, are opposed to SOPA.

Iíve been working on alternative legislation that would protect the games companies create while also fostering innovation. But we also need you to call your members of Congress and let them know of your opposition to SOPA. This bill has a very real chance of passing, and it is up to all of who want to protect the Internet to take action. More information is available at http://keepthewebopen.com/. Please make your voices heard in this debate! I will be happy to respond to your posts below, and will check back every few hours today and respond to as many as I can.
\

Oh my god what a baller. This is actually the coolest thing I've ever seen on the internet. Now i just wish Canadian MPs had the balls to do something about it.

Amazing work Sir

MoonLightSilver

01-11-2012

Who else is moving if this passes?