Help Us Stop SOPA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ohmygolly

01-11-2012

Please dont forget about PIPA either. its just as bad, and more likely to pass than SOPA at this point.

ChaosEmerald

01-11-2012

i nearly **** a brick when i saw a congressman post something on LoL forums. Sick icon too btw

Lomar

Associate Producer

01-11-2012
14 of 14 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashoge View Post
I did my part and contacted my congressman. Everyone should do the same, if they feel the same way.

-Ashoge
Thank you Ashoge. We need more of these, bros! (And broettes!) Please hit the link and drop a line to your Congressperson. And make sure to drop a friendly reminder to your friends to do the same!

LemonPepsiKing

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep Jared Polis View Post
Hi, this is Congressman Jared Polis of Colorado. As a member of the League of Legends community (partial to Anivia and Maokai), and as someone who made his living as an Internet entrepreneur before being elected to Congress, I’m greatly concerned about the future of the Internet and gaming if Congress doesn't wake up. You may have heard that Congress is currently considering a bill called the Stop Online Piracy Act, or SOPA. While SOPA has a ton of problems, there are some significant issues that I thought fellow gamers might want to know about.

I’m particularly concerned that SOPA might stifle the kind of innovation that brings us games we love, such as LoL. The bill makes it far too easy for angry competitors to sue good law abiding companies out of existence. It threatens any company or website that depends on user-generated content, even companies like Riot. Instead of coming up with great ways to keep making games like LoL even better, companies will have to spend their money hiring lawyers. That's why companies like Riot, who want to protect the games they create, are opposed to SOPA.

I’ve been working on alternative legislation that would protect the games companies create while also fostering innovation. But we also need you to call your members of Congress and let them know of your opposition to SOPA. This bill has a very real chance of passing, and it is up to all of who want to protect the Internet to take action. More information is available at http://keepthewebopen.com/. Please make your voices heard in this debate! I will be happy to respond to your posts below, and will check back every few hours today and respond to as many as I can.
Very glad to be from Colorado now, you definitely have my vote for re-election.

Aegis8

01-11-2012

What was that other bill you mentioned? DMCA? THE DEMACIA BILL????

Mikcha212

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koloss View Post
If this is correct, i fully support your point of view Riot!

Though, I wonder, which impact does SOPA have on user-generated content not under United States legislature/laws?

Me, as a non-USA citizen, could it fine me/ban my content?
yes it would ban your content

MuertaNegra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

hey everyone
im a player from Beirut Lebanon , i tried to submit my zip code on the link provided but since i m from Lebanon the web site replied "We don't know where this zip code is."

so how can i help ???

sorras

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yippppeeekiyayy View Post
Pretty sure activision (owners of Blizzard) are supporting SOPA.
Ofcourse, as they are afraid of free market. With their copycat on everything and army of lawyers they are so ready for SOPA and if it pass they will be able to shut down any competitors not so rich as them...or sony, ubisoft etc. All cheeky buggers, caring for nothing but how to steal even more money for us while saying it is completely legal to steal - because it is after all their content.

I will give willingly all my money to riot instead. Never buying anything from companies who support sopa. Just steal all their games from torrent instead. Rot in hell snakes.

Oathkeeper456

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

hey i got a question. what can i do to help if im canadian?

ZolrainAlmighty

01-11-2012

"Mess with the Bull and you get the horns"

-Alistar The Minotaur