Why is Viktor a bad hero

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phely

Recruiter

01-11-2012

Maybe it's the fact that a lot of people can't play him is why they complain about him. With CD reduction you can spam you abilities from a far and flash will save you in almost any fight. I have started playing him, routing about 700+ AP and can rape almost any carry with a stun/Shield/Ult combo. You can harass so easily early game with a low CD and low mana Q, along with a stun to save your ass from ganks.

Soltaker21

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudo View Post
Viktor does nothing that half the other AP mids in the game don't do better.
Honestly I think this is it right here. He doesn't really do anything that half the other mages do with either higher burst (Annie, Veigar), more survivability (Vlad, Ryze), more range (Xerath, Heimerdinger), or more team utility (Karthus, Morgana).
Its not that he is a bad champ. Its that there are other champs that are easier to play and feel more rewarding due to it. I mean if you take viktor with 700 ap vs an annie with 700 ap (damage wise mind you). Annie not only wins damage wise she also wins in the fact that she has a consistent stun (even if its obvious); Viktor's you can easily get out of before it even stuns you in most cases.

Viktor shines in team fights. The problem is his laning isn't very strong. My suggestion if you wanna play Viktor is to play him kinda passive and try and use his moves to zone more than use them to straight up damage. For example his E is pretty easy to dodge once you have movement 2 boots, so use it to scare them into an allies move or into your W if you can. Viktor's move set screams zoning champ and that is really effective in a team fight. I think he could be really good in a duo lane with another damage champ. Use his abilities to deny his opponents xp and gold while your ally free farms to carry status.

Artaher

01-11-2012

He's a great champ, a bit hard to farm with during the early part of the game until you have 1200 to get his Aug that does dmg over time. After that your wiping out waves lol See there so many mages that are spammers burst dmg. They drop everything they have on you and your either so dmg you have to go back or your dead. Viktor isnt like that he's like playing a game of chess you have to pick your moments. When the other player moves you make them pay for it. Another side note he's not very ez to gank due to that W . For those who feel he doesnt have enough skills throw a lich bane on him.

Rykue

01-11-2012

He is a giod champ to play but the way i play him is i go bot lane this way u always have some one with you that can help u get close to the other champ. He is a very good bot laner. I have tried him mid n tried him top over all bot lane with support or an melee champ really makes him shine. You should try it he is really good bot lane

Ions03

01-12-2012

ive seen victor in 85% of my games and they r hit or miss but worthless champion from what ive seen

Loonaii

01-12-2012

viktor kills veigar mid. and mostly any other AP champs. they cant do anything to him if he starts with R n then throws a W. R silences. silence>AP bursters

Anarchius

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121Lesson View Post
I never see him, even on free week. discuss
Ugh, the range on that death ray is SOOOO annoying. They build runes to make it worse and just spam it every time you go in to get a last hit on a creep. He is the zone control master!

Noobs are uss

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121Lesson View Post
I never see him, even on free week. discuss
most people have clue how to play him and can't land his abilities to save their lives. I think his aoe silence ult with aoe slow/stun can make viktor viable. However low movement speed combined with low survival makes viktor extremely hard to play.

MrRecht

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

With victory its all about landing your stun. After the stun do the sheild, q, and then the laser whilst their running. ult right after the stun if you have it. He's really good early game because of the massive dmg the laser does. Get fed! late game stun and ult during team fights, laser from a distance.

The range of his laser is massive. you can start the laser anywhere inside the circle and point it where ever. Just start it at the very edge of the circle and aim.