Riven vs GP. WHAT DO?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Swarley theBear

01-10-2012

I'm starting to play Riven and I'm getting frustrated going up against GP's. Just harasses with Q and gets crits off 50% of the time. I start by going cloth armor 5x hp but the low cooldown on his Q makes me use up all the healthpots too fast. Even after he Q's I try to trade but I always end up on the losing end. What are some tips on going up against him?

P.S Pantheon is also annoying with his spear toss and shield block, any tips for him?

TrickMagnet

01-10-2012

honestly against gp you might just be better off running boots/3 instead of cloth/5. start with shield first over q or w just to block early parleys so you're not too weak by level 2/3, harass him hard when his q is on cd if possible. you outdamage him by a solid amount, it's just that he can do it over distance, you cannot. if you can pin him in without taking too much minion damage (this is actually the difficult part: even after minion damage nerfs you still get pooped on by creeps) you can beat him.

Destiny And Fate

01-10-2012

what are u useing for runes?

camllol

01-10-2012

Dont pick riven if u see gp, otherwise ur gonna have to just shield there spears and gunshots and try ur best to win the lane.

WaffLulZ

01-10-2012

dunno about gp but i know against panth you always wanna go a heavy self support champ like someone w/ quick regen or someting, maybe try to time your dash/sheild for his spear toss then trade w/ him? I'd also say since most start w/ Q if you do the same, your lvl 1-2 trades should go in your favor against panth i think, i dunno tho just kinda statin' what i think

SkitZĂ 

01-10-2012

Lol my first experience with gp vs riven I went 0-5 *My jungler dived him at lvl 1 gave him red buff*
And I failed from there on :S

But then I went 12-5

Just stick at it and dont give up

MAN1MAL

01-10-2012

just commit to either farming or harassing. you can't just dick around trying to decide what to do while staying in his q range the entire time. you need to get in, fight him, gtfo or get in, kill minion, gtfo.

Ocean God

01-10-2012

I main riven in 1700-1900s, never lost to a single GP, not even 2k+ ones. Theres a few things to keep in mind, his passive will be better than yours levels 1-3, the best time to start trading is levels 4-5, at 6 you can start feeding off him as Riven's ulti is much better for 1v1.

xCookieMonster

01-10-2012

GP isn't that hard for Riven. Just shield stun him. Block Parlay, and damages him. You can basically out harass GP at level 3 and not a lot he can do about it.

Valduran

01-10-2012

GP is really quite easy for Riven. Flat Armor Runes + Cloth/5 start + Early levels in E. Every time he comes to parley you E and ignore it, you can also feel free to hit him back because you hit harder if you time it right.

You won't be able to absorb all the parleys with your E but it doesn't matter because you have 5 potions. Just ignore him and farm until you have wriggle's and a BF sword then lay the smackdown on him.