When is the best time to cast Promote?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snes C

01-10-2012

I've been playing Sivir a lot in Dominion, taking bot whenever I can. I've been running with Promote, but I find that I'm casting it less and less, as I can pretty easily push lanes myself. So am I just missing the opportunity? When is the best time to cast Promote? Which champions get the best use out of it?

FDru

01-10-2012

Save it for when you're pushing a turret, to cap faster. Or use it before you recall so the minion farms for you while you're gone.

Or take a better summoner spell cause Promote sucks.

Falco Amadeus

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Save it for when you're pushing a turret, to cap faster. Or use it before you recall so the minion farms for you while you're gone.

Or take a better summoner spell cause Promote sucks.
Tell that to any pusher in bot-lane.

Arth

01-10-2012

a good damage dealing champ can take down a promoted minion quite quickly

for this reason i don't use it anymore

last time it stayed up for 3 seconds while it was at full health

i was like.. right thats a dud..

mojib

01-10-2012

Use promote shortly before or when you start capping the enemy point to speed up your cap. Usually an enemy comes by to interrupt while you are capping and the benefit will be that the minion will ensure the point is decapped making it a safer area for you to fight.

If you use promote while pushing in the middle of the lane the opposing bot laner will usually nuke it down well before it reaches the opposing point.

ForgedLife

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2012

There are several ways i like to use it

1) When the enemy uses theirs to push a wave, wait for your super minion to ALMOST die, and then promote it. This will garuntee that that your minion will last longer

2) Use it to seige a tower

Seņor Pancho

01-11-2012

Quote:
Tell that to any pusher in bot-lane.
yea well you see, pushing is bad. I have had a lot more success bot by just last-hitting and clearing the minion waves near my tower with AOE.

your opponent will **** his pants because of the constant fear of ambushes. you get ganked means you get capped (unless you have revive or a teammate that was also about to gank)

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

Take smite!

Helixes

01-11-2012

I wouldn't take it period. Unless you can push hard and never have to fear ganks, its a wasted spell.

BigDaddyRelish

01-11-2012

Running multi-promote has worked fairly well with my premade, although admittedly we haven't played as 5 in a while.

Strat would be to come by and promote a minion with a quick gank, and it would rotate. Bot would typically almost always be decapped, and if it wasn't then there were multiple people fighting just to keep the point alive down there.

Especially if you take Garrison. If you go Garrison/Promote, and use them both as you are about to siege a tower, then that tower is going down and there isn't much that anybody can do about it. Works really well at bot lane, especially if you have someone elusive that can escape ganks pretty well, as they will inevitably come very frequently.