Flip Camera Option [Please Riot Please]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Le Good

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-26-2012

Do it riot plz!!!

NegaStoat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayven View Post
As long as this this got necro'd, I might as well answer it.

There is a technical reason we cannot implement camera flip at this time. There may be some design considerations as well (mandatory to avoid unfair advantage?). Not for me to say, though.

As a UI guy, I like the idea b/c it would put players on more equal footing as far as HUD blocking important areas during laning.
From the time this post was created, and after more time has passed since this answer, there is literally no valid reason even possible why this consideration hasn't been made a reality. Zero. None.

And what's more, the very vast majority of the player base would enjoy the game to a greater degree if it was created. Numerous polls & posts confirm this.

Please rethink this decision, Riot, as this problem alone is going to allow a substantial percentage of your newer players that become frustrated to drift off to other games to give their money to. You're retaining your hardcore base, but this issue WILL cost you money from the new player base. Every. Single. Day.

catalyst1c

05-27-2012

this is very needed for purple side the angle just not seem fair. for example your bottom so u set your self high in the frame (if u used unlocked camera as i do) then i get ganked i have to move the camera to run or just cant see it coming in time.

edenPiE

05-28-2012

I think it's less of a camera-angle thing and more of the fact that the HUD is in the way. I don't think the camera angle needs to be moved or that people with locked cameras need to unlock, I think they just need an option to put the HUD on the top of the screen.

Taylor HD

05-01-2013

Quote:

There is a technical reason we cannot implement camera flip at this time. There may be some design considerations as well (mandatory to avoid unfair advantage?). Not for me to say, though.

As a UI guy, I like the idea b/c it would put players on more equal footing as far as HUD blocking important areas during laning.
I randomly googled "league of legends flip camera option" and came across this thread. I noticed it's been 2 years since the riot employee Rayven posted about this and said "There is a technical reason we cannot implement camera flip at this time." So it seems like from that sentence that Riot wants to implement the camera flip option and are working on it. So I'm just curious about how it's coming along. I personally would really like to have this option.

FlyGuyNYC

05-03-2013

amen, i agree with this, i try a couple of pvp games, and yeah the camera from starting purple kinda hard to fight, which why i hope when i do pvp i start as blue cause it helps me see better. please give more options to view better.

LulsSquadBelac

05-03-2013

Why don't we just make the map like Twisted Treeline?

SpiritOfSky

05-06-2013

Quote:

Only problem I see, its baron looking in the "south" river for a team and "north" for another. witch can be overcome by basic map awarenes. dosent change the gameplay.

Best Atheist NA

06-05-2013

Didn't know the Flip Camera option was in beta 0.o I would've loved to have seen it. But yeah, to the person that asked, Riot compensates for the blue side camera advantage by putting slightly higher Elo players on Purple team. What does this mean? This means that Riot knows they messed up the map, and instead of fixing it, they're slapping a permanent Band-Aid on it and hope that no one notices it.

Jbels

06-09-2013

Why not just get rid of the camera tilt entirely? I mean, if the map follows a Left to Right style(Like Twisted Treeline), no more disadvantage. I know it will never happen but it's something (I hope)