Flip Camera Option [Please Riot Please]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Uberob

09-14-2011

interesting. Ive have to agree.

Lethiz

09-15-2011

How about flipping the hud to the top?

Apatheas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2011

something needs to be done it can easily cost you a game.

Reynmaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonlife29 View Post
This...is genius. So simple, but it could do the trick. I hadn't even thought about doing that.
Not really, think about the bottom lane, now the hud will simply prevent ranged players from targeting enemies at the top of the lane or escaping into the water area. The isometric view needs to be flipped.

Dragospada

09-15-2011

I would love it if the camera got flipped for purple team, it is so annoying trying to line up a skill shot in mid lane as purple especially against a Cait who is ready to blast me as soon as I hold still. I'm sure if riot would post up some kind of poll most players would prefer it if riot spent an entire patch solving the tech issue that prevents them from doing this.

dragonlife29

09-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynmaker View Post
Not really, think about the bottom lane, now the hud will simply prevent ranged players from targeting enemies at the top of the lane or escaping into the water area. The isometric view needs to be flipped.
I suppose. Another idea I saw that I liked was being able to toggle the HUD on and off. Just treat it like tab for the scoreboard, except it works in reverse (holding a key to keep the HUD off, and releasing it to bring it back). Alt would be ideal for me.

So many possibilities. Fruitstrike should invite me for coffee so we can figure this out

Reynmaker

09-15-2011

Started a petition guys, vote in it

Reynmaker

09-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayven View Post
As long as this this got necro'd, I might as well answer it.

There is a technical reason we cannot implement camera flip at this time. There may be some design considerations as well (mandatory to avoid unfair advantage?). Not for me to say, though.

As a UI guy, I like the idea b/c it would put players on more equal footing as far as HUD blocking important areas during laning.
Pray do tell what is the technical reason ? As for unfair advantage, I believe that currently lies with blue team. A LOT of threads in here on the same topic, no response of consequence yet.

wilzou

09-17-2011

I agree, please Riot !

xChemic

05-26-2012

Flip the camaraaa