Flip Camera Option [Please Riot Please]

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orange Extract

05-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo Justice View Post
What unfair advantage?
I believe matchmaking was implemented with it known that one side has a 5% advantage. I think this is attributed to dragon/baron placement and camera angle. I can't remember, which side though.

I still think it'd be a nice feature to have.

gluecks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

05-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
I believe matchmaking was implemented with it known that one side has a 5% advantage. I think this is attributed to dragon/baron placement and camera angle. I can't remember, which side though.
It's supposedly to be the purple team that have a slight advantage (elo wise) due to the camera disadvantage.
I can however point out again that this is not the case at all. The avg team elo stats on lolbase.net confirm that the advantage is not based on the side your team is on. There are just as many matches where the blue team has a higher avg elo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayven View Post
There is a technical reason we cannot implement camera flip at this time.
The reason that was given over a year ago was that backsurfaces and polygons of objects are greatly reduced if out of the screen. I don't see though why this area of sight can't be flipped around as well.

Quote:
There may be some design considerations as well (mandatory to avoid unfair advantage?)
I don't think it'd be "unfair". It'd mean both teams can lane and play under equal conditions.

It once existed but got removed again in closed beta, somewhen before my time.
I've been waiting since then (20 months) for it to be added again because playing with a locked camera at bottom lane in purple team is a nightmare.
I get pi**ed every single time I see myself in purple team in the loading screen.
Seems to me that this is one of the legacies that we'll never receive anyways, so I've already given up on this one

Kadromar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayven View Post
As long as this this got necro'd, I might as well answer it.

There is a technical reason we cannot implement camera flip at this time. There may be some design considerations as well (mandatory to avoid unfair advantage?). Not for me to say, though.

As a UI guy, I like the idea b/c it would put players on more equal footing as far as HUD blocking important areas during laning.
How about some HUD customisation then?
Border removal and transparency settings would probably go a long way to alleviating some of these issues people have.

Primostyle

05-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadromar View Post
How about some HUD customisation then?
Border removal and transparency settings would probably go a long way to alleviating some of these issues people have.
Or perhaps even just having the option to have the HUD on the top of the screen?

Snes C

05-09-2011

Flipping the camera: bad idea. Universal terms for top lane and bottom lane become meaningless when top and bottom become interchangeable.

Just make the "center" option show a more balanced distribution of what is above and below your champion.

Primostyle

05-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnesController View Post
Flipping the camera: bad idea. Universal terms for top lane and bottom lane become meaningless when top and bottom become interchangeable.

Just make the "center" option show a more balanced distribution of what is above and below your champion.
Just don't flip the minimap.

Snes C

05-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joggawitz View Post
Just don't flip the minimap.
That leads to the player getting confused because their HUD doesn't match-up with what's actually happening.

Primostyle

05-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnesController View Post
That leads to the player getting confused because their HUD doesn't match-up with what's actually happening.
Well then they don't have to flip the camera then.

Arisulane

05-10-2011

Instead of the option to rotate the camera, why not just have both teams' perspectives fixed with the nexus in the bottom left? Top and bottom lanes are then communicable to team members, and the icons for baron and dragon will be sufficient enough to avoid jungle confusion.

Or at the very least give us more UI adjustment options. The whole interface at the bottom edge of the screen oftentimes feels detrimental.

Pulshach

05-10-2011

Easiest solution: Allow the HUD to be moved to the top
I would rather have this even if I had to adjust the HUD before each game.

1234567 ... 8