Dominion Strategies

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jermasco

01-10-2012

Alright, everybody. Let's talk some Dominion strategies. We have our standard strategy where 1 goes bottom and 4 go top. What kind of character should go bottom, though? A mage? A ranged carry? A tanky dps? In this thread, we'll (hopefully) discuss some crazy strategies such as 5 bot early game. However, we can also discuss strategies regarding the standard strategy. Should everyone buy at least boots 1 at the start? How much AP and AD should be on a team?

Get crackin'

EinzigerAI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2012

I've seen it a couple times where 2 pull from going top and hit the person coming from mid tower in the bushes. They then hit mid themselves and hope to pull top away.

JeryC

01-11-2012

one of the most OP strategy.
ezreal, glangplank, rammus, shaco, kassadin.
2 globals, 3 with extreme mobility, 1 with free wards. the advantages goes on and on and on.

GG.

BigDaddyRelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

The best champs to go bottom are those that can be relatively hard to gank or are overall good at defending themselves, but are very good at exerting lots of pressure on a lane at the same time.

Right now I think the 3 best bot picks are Soraka taking the crown, then Yorick, then Urgot. All of them are very hard to kill but put on **** loads of pressure. Others like Cassiopeia and Malzahar can bot extremely well, though I don't think they are as strong as the others I mentioned. Although they still are extremely strong picks when they are not bot.

I find that having multiple forms of hard cc goes a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way too. Champs that can bring burst along with awesome cc are extremely valuable for roaming, like LeBlanc, Ahri, Ryze, and Kassadin.

Poke is also very valuable at making point defenders more vulnerable and less risky to dive and take down. Champs like Kennen and Ezreal are especially great to have.

Mobility is another thing. Panth's ult for example can make the difference between winning or losing because he can get back to a point so quickly after he rez's.

Really though there is not a single one strategy that is especially dominant as far as line-up, but I find a team that has a combination of those things tend to do extremely well in Dominion. Very few champs are outclassed as Dominion really brings out the best parts of each characters kit, and those champs are generally seen as up all around (Nunu, Mundo, and Vlad being the key offenders really), but even they have SOMETHING to offer a line-up.

I typically plan with my team to run 2 top, 2 roam, 1 bot.

Basoosh

01-11-2012

On the topic of Boots 1 at the start, I'd say most characters should get it, but there are always exceptions. Sheen and Hextech Revolver can be ridiculously powerful items for the first fight. Sheen Ezrael is especially nuts. Catalyst start isn't terrible for some bot lanes.