This page requires a secure connection which includes server authentication

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sycamore

01-10-2012

so i had a friend move to here oregon from cali and i got him to install lol on his computer and he is getting the This page requires a secure connection which includes server authentication when he tries to log in. we accept the option to install it however nothing happens we keep going back to square 1.

ive looked over the forums and i have gone in and done a time sync which didnt help even after fresh install of the game.

if anyone has any ideas or has solved this problem before explain please and thanks in advance much more after if it works.

fletche00

01-10-2012

Make sure that the browser you are using is allowing pop ups. When you initiate the download, it might require you to accept the pop up to prompt the download. If you are already doing that, try disabling any firewall for the duration of the download (if you trust the site, make sure you have a back-up point set up incase something bad is downloaded). It sounds like your computer is having problems initiating the download.

Solaris Shadow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Wrenchman

01-10-2012

try
1. Turn off Certificates in IE, IE Options > Advanced > Restore Advanced Settings, IE Options > Advanced > Uncheck "Check for server certificate authentication"
2. Make sure your Windows Settings are properly configured.
3. Update your Internet Explorer, or if you have a more updated version of Internet Explorer you may have to uncheck these settings instead: "Check for server certificate revocation," "Check for publisher's certificate revocation," "Warn about certificate address mismatch."

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

01-11-2012

Worse comes to worse, as long as you live in the same place now, you can download the installer and try running it on his computer.