Heimerdinger Exhaustively Examined

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evolnemesis

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Shelurs View Post
Personally Heimer is my main; I personally love the character. I adore his use of turrets and his actual character he is fun to play. My friends applaud me for playing him well, however it is challenging. Whenever I am playing him I have to pay attentino to the mini-map. Once a character goes missing, I go into terror, for I know that if that champion comes to my lane I am going to die. At that point I should just D/C for about a minute. Even more so, when playing with strangers I have to, from time to time, have to put up with the "HEIMER ****ING FED (enter champion name here)!" and similar ****. I was once yelled at for not chasing as Heimer', little did that player know, HEIMER CAN'T CHASE, OR EVEN FIGHT FOR THAT MATTER! I agree full-heartedly with you, you have hit every point and have hit it well. However I do hope that the upcoming fix, is an actual fix and not a cloack and dagger to the back of the Revered Inventor.
If you saw the kit in the leaked rework notes back in July, I think that their intention is definitely not to nerf him in any way other than making his early game not quite so simple (and broken, which was the original problem that made them nerf him into the ground).

The numbers they had, had him doing more damage ALL game (even in lane) and all of it more reliably (especially late game). The main difference was that they made it so that his turrets had to work more with his ability casts... his zoning will involve working with and protecting his turrets more now in lane, and actively casting abilities more, rather than the turrets doing a lot of zoning just by themselves while he does nothing. Oh, and his new ult will be amazing if it comes out anything like in those notes... worthy of being called an ult.

The damage numbers were quite good though, even if they were still tweaking them it shows what they are going for... and they were good enough to TOTALLY blow someone up like annie if they come at him with his cooldowns up and his turrets around.

AL92

10-24-2012

So much time has passed and yet no word from Riot.....

TheTechmaturgist

10-25-2012

I love heimer so much I changed my name to this. I have 3 kits for him. Unfortunately there is only one late game build. And that is assuming your team knows how to behave around a heimer. I have been saying more or less what this guy has said. I have been waiting for over a year for Riot to even acknowledge heimer has an ai problem with his turrets. Ever since they took the ability of the grenade to do damage to the towers Heimer has been been in an unrecoverable spiral from which there seems to be no recovery. I wrote an several posts on what can be done to help or even "fix" some things with heimer. But at the end of the day he is the lowest HP and slowest moving and worst scaling champion in the game. At least now he is. i recall the hey days of the OP heimer and even after they bumped him down to 2 towers at first, at least, he still packed punch all game and his build looked so different. So easy to hit 800 ap and use what ever runes you wanted. Now if you don't use Level Cap AP runes and straight AP damage masteries in the far left tree you can hang up his damage ration being worth a ****. You are also going to be forced to build a very specific kit if you want to do any damage at all because you will have to have north of 1000 ap if you want to do any damage at all. But as mentioned before, having Spell Penetration is pointless and so is spell vamp. The first projectile from your turret will be the only thing to give you back any life from your turret. Your ratios on grenade and rockets is so bad that you never see any useful refund on HP any more. Back when heimer was classified as a support or even before that when he was classified as a pusher he was able to build as an oppressive and unkillable tank and be of great use late game. Now that he has been nerfed back to back to being a tier 2 champion and no longer costs 6300ip he has all but been relegated into a one dimensional role. even the recommended build is a joke. that build late game is only good for the slow you will get from rylai's but dont forget as with all other items no passive item abilities are granted to your turrets so right out it is usless for 33% of your build. Also AP is the only useful thing to build at the end of the day because the only things that really benefit him is to build up mana and ap based on mana so that he never runs out of mana. this is little consolation since your squishy, slow, and your basic attack is USELESS under any and all circumstances. Try to troll out an ad or to hit effect heimer and you will get rolled instantly and all game long to any team with over 500 wins between them. Post the last nerf you can not build a heimertank any more and you cant build up much cc becasue you need to dedicate so much ap to be quick at blowing up towers. Because towers is all you will be fighting end game, don't even think about trying to 1 v 1 anyone that has repeat blinks or stealths because heimer will get creamed even with a ward or elixer. Any attempts to build in durability into heimer will now come back to haunt you hard late game. Heimer used to get universally banned in ranked games and in the season 1 championship he was still problematic for people although no one used him in the final round. But after season 1 was over the final nail was driven into heimer. I love him but Riot may as well just send him the way of Urf.

JohntheMage

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTechmaturgist View Post
I love heimer so much I changed my name to this. I have 3 kits for him. Unfortunately there is only one late game build. And that is assuming your team knows how to behave around a heimer. I have been saying more or less what this guy has said. I have been waiting for over a year for Riot to even acknowledge heimer has an ai problem with his turrets. Ever since they took the ability of the grenade to do damage to the towers Heimer has been been in an unrecoverable spiral from which there seems to be no recovery. I wrote an several posts on what can be done to help or even "fix" some things with heimer. But at the end of the day he is the lowest HP and slowest moving and worst scaling champion in the game. At least now he is. i recall the hey days of the OP heimer and even after they bumped him down to 2 towers at first, at least, he still packed punch all game and his build looked so different. So easy to hit 800 ap and use what ever runes you wanted. Now if you don't use Level Cap AP runes and straight AP damage masteries in the far left tree you can hang up his damage ration being worth a ****. You are also going to be forced to build a very specific kit if you want to do any damage at all because you will have to have north of 1000 ap if you want to do any damage at all. But as mentioned before, having Spell Penetration is pointless and so is spell vamp. The first projectile from your turret will be the only thing to give you back any life from your turret. Your ratios on grenade and rockets is so bad that you never see any useful refund on HP any more. Back when heimer was classified as a support or even before that when he was classified as a pusher he was able to build as an oppressive and unkillable tank and be of great use late game. Now that he has been nerfed back to back to being a tier 2 champion and no longer costs 6300ip he has all but been relegated into a one dimensional role. even the recommended build is a joke. that build late game is only good for the slow you will get from rylai's but dont forget as with all other items no passive item abilities are granted to your turrets so right out it is usless for 33% of your build. Also AP is the only useful thing to build at the end of the day because the only things that really benefit him is to build up mana and ap based on mana so that he never runs out of mana. this is little consolation since your squishy, slow, and your basic attack is USELESS under any and all circumstances. Try to troll out an ad or to hit effect heimer and you will get rolled instantly and all game long to any team with over 500 wins between them. Post the last nerf you can not build a heimertank any more and you cant build up much cc becasue you need to dedicate so much ap to be quick at blowing up towers. Because towers is all you will be fighting end game, don't even think about trying to 1 v 1 anyone that has repeat blinks or stealths because heimer will get creamed even with a ward or elixer. Any attempts to build in durability into heimer will now come back to haunt you hard late game. Heimer used to get universally banned in ranked games and in the season 1 championship he was still problematic for people although no one used him in the final round. But after season 1 was over the final nail was driven into heimer. I love him but Riot may as well just send him the way of Urf.
What was your name before?

OP: Well-written and thoughtful post. With all these views and posts, it's a shame that we can't get a Red Post here. *hint* *hint* :^P

Twilight Monkey

10-26-2012

bump

DylanPadle

10-26-2012

buff heimer now

JohntheMage

10-28-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2698469

The latest chapter in the Heimerdinger legal saga. ^

Bump for Science!

LBDORRITO

Senior Recruiter

10-28-2012

fix his dumb turrets and missiles please.

AL92

10-30-2012

Riot , where is heim love ?!

JohntheMage

11-01-2012

@Morello

A response to the longest (I think) Heimer post in the Feedback forums would be awesome!