Heimerdinger Exhaustively Examined

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evolnemesis

09-24-2012

He's the whole reason I got into this game... he really IS fun and very unique. Riot seems to think he's not fun though, they said they hate his whole style of play and think it ruins the game. Morello seems to have some kind of personal grudge against him especially... like Heimer killed his puppy or something... he really does sound mad anytime he's talking about him and always badmouths him. I mean ok, he was OP in lane when he came out and needed to be nerfed... ok he was REALLY OP in lane... but Morello makes it sound like Heimer was a monster that was going to bring the game crashing down and leave Riot HQ in a mass of smoking rubble. I get the very strong impression that he thinks that the game not only doesn't really need Heimer back as a viable champ, it probably would have been better off if he never existed.

Mrs Heimerdinger

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolnemesis View Post
He's the whole reason I got into this game... he really IS fun. Riot seems to think he's not though, they said they hate his whole style of play and think it ruins the game. Morello seems to have some kind of personal grudge against him especially... like Heimer killed his puppy or something... he really does sound mad anytime he's talking about him and always badmouths him. I mean ok, he was OP in lane when he came out and needed to be nerfed... ok he was REALLY OP in lane... but Morello makes it sound like Heimer was a monster that was going to bring the game crashing down and leave Riot HQ in a mass of smoking rubble, and that the game would have been better off if he never existed.
He was like that with Evelynn too.
I quit HoN and DotA because I saw Heimerdinger and thought he was the coolest little thing. I started using him and I fell in love! Then they nerfed him hardcore and I didn't really care, but then after awhile you start to notice how drastically weak he is compared to other champions. I hate to say it, but I think he's the weakest character in the entire game right now.

Pinacoladaboi

09-29-2012

Yea heim needs some love

Yousing

09-29-2012

I had no clue that there was folklore of Morello hating Heimerdinger, but not suprisingly enough, at least one major developer hates him!
The only truth I can put to Morello saying Heimer "ruined the game" is that, lets face it, back in like 2010-2011, a champion who can deal upwards of 700 or more damage to a TOWER less than evey 10 seconds with CD, is a game ruiner. Having 6 turrets that all stack with your ult of slow, that is a game ruiner. Can practically close off one side of mid or box your damn' self in.
In that case, Heimer of the old days was a vampiric villain in all sense of the Meta, but in the quest to make sure Heimerdinger couldn't SOLO destroy a TOWER with his grenade or draw the word "Hi" with turrets at mid, they unintentionally broke Heimerdinger to the point where you feel like its maybe a better idea to walk into a Jarvan or Malzahar ult because seeing your rockets do jack **** fully ranked and with 6 items behind them (against any team above level 15 or with half a brain) is kind of a let down.
So yes, Heimerdinger was a dark fiend of any lane, but now when your enemy gets to level 6, you are more or less prime pickings for a horrendous defeat. To quote Ender, the author of this post, where he sums up perfectly what I've been trying to put into words about Heimer, to something of the effect of "..items temporarily offset the imbalance.... double cs than most.... enemies catch up and dominate..", perfectly stated.
The world of reworks and tweaks for champions can go one of 3 ways from what i've seen thus far:
1. The Hyped Up Way: A sudden tweak or rework of a champ, usually a short preview before patch notes, no leaks, no information, brings jolly joy to the masses
2. The What just Happened Way: A rework/tweak/buff of sorts, long awaited. However, the "buff" either turns out to be a rework that ruins the champion's viability even more/equally, or the buff is seen as "too good" by developers, and in a sugar coated patch two weeks after, is dramatically **** on.
3. The Cliffhangah', AKA, the "Dingleberry": Purportedly Morello's stance on Heimer. Involves a champ that either the developers detest or is underplayed from nerf, being leaked possible information and rumors of changes, leading to massive speculation and a flurry of activity (such as this post) about why/how/when such a change(s) will occur. After an unneccesarily long wait, you will either continue waiting because such changes have been backlogged to no return, scrapped and garbaged without you being told so/given knowledge, or the change turns out to be a skin or particle remake. Enjoy the wait, the anticipation, the sorrow that follows.
The whole point is, if there is truth to the alleged and misguided hatred of Heimer by a dev(s), i'd like to just say that the days of Heimer being an OP bully of any lane, TOWER sniping, or drawing a hexagon with his turrets, are over. He no longer is able to lay claim to a piece of land and be able to hold it with infinite strength and power. Past a certain point in the game, he is unable to hold a competent piece of anything in most any situation, assuming you aren't playing against one of those teams who has no clue how to play the game. The days of massive power are gone, the days of a massive lack of power are here, and we can all hope we are not being led on and that the days of a new, better, actually viable Heimer, have returned.
Until then, I'm sure they will find the time to **** out another skin for Teemo or Malphite, in which case you'd be in luck.

EbenzerMcAwesome

09-30-2012

TBH, i think heimer is fine the way he is, i see no reason for a change, I quite happily zone out 90% of mids in low elo ranked. as for his 'e', i find the best time to use it is when you're as close to them as possible, preferably right next to two of your turrets, catches a lot of people off guard. I also enjoy it when people say "gg we have a heimer" and then I proceed to carry.

Gerrox

09-30-2012

bumb for heimer love

Gerrox

09-30-2012

re-bumb the love

Evolnemesis

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yousing View Post
I had no clue that there was folklore of Morello hating Heimerdinger, but not suprisingly enough, at least one major developer hates him!
The only truth I can put to Morello saying Heimer "ruined the game" is that, lets face it, back in like 2010-2011, a champion who can deal upwards of 700 or more damage to a TOWER less than evey 10 seconds with CD, is a game ruiner. Having 6 turrets that all stack with your ult of slow, that is a game ruiner. Can practically close off one side of mid or box your damn' self in.
In that case, Heimer of the old days was a vampiric villain in all sense of the Meta, but in the quest to make sure Heimerdinger couldn't SOLO destroy a TOWER with his grenade or draw the word "Hi" with turrets at mid, they unintentionally broke Heimerdinger to the point where you feel like its maybe a better idea to walk into a Jarvan or Malzahar ult because seeing your rockets do jack **** fully ranked and with 6 items behind them (against any team above level 15 or with half a brain) is kind of a let down.
So yes, Heimerdinger was a dark fiend of any lane, but now when your enemy gets to level 6, you are more or less prime pickings for a horrendous defeat. To quote Ender, the author of this post, where he sums up perfectly what I've been trying to put into words about Heimer, to something of the effect of "..items temporarily offset the imbalance.... double cs than most.... enemies catch up and dominate..", perfectly stated.
The world of reworks and tweaks for champions can go one of 3 ways from what i've seen thus far:
1. The Hyped Up Way: A sudden tweak or rework of a champ, usually a short preview before patch notes, no leaks, no information, brings jolly joy to the masses
2. The What just Happened Way: A rework/tweak/buff of sorts, long awaited. However, the "buff" either turns out to be a rework that ruins the champion's viability even more/equally, or the buff is seen as "too good" by developers, and in a sugar coated patch two weeks after, is dramatically **** on.
3. The Cliffhangah', AKA, the "Dingleberry": Purportedly Morello's stance on Heimer. Involves a champ that either the developers detest or is underplayed from nerf, being leaked possible information and rumors of changes, leading to massive speculation and a flurry of activity (such as this post) about why/how/when such a change(s) will occur. After an unneccesarily long wait, you will either continue waiting because such changes have been backlogged to no return, scrapped and garbaged without you being told so/given knowledge, or the change turns out to be a skin or particle remake. Enjoy the wait, the anticipation, the sorrow that follows.
The whole point is, if there is truth to the alleged and misguided hatred of Heimer by a dev(s), i'd like to just say that the days of Heimer being an OP bully of any lane, TOWER sniping, or drawing a hexagon with his turrets, are over. He no longer is able to lay claim to a piece of land and be able to hold it with infinite strength and power. Past a certain point in the game, he is unable to hold a competent piece of anything in most any situation, assuming you aren't playing against one of those teams who has no clue how to play the game. The days of massive power are gone, the days of a massive lack of power are here, and we can all hope we are not being led on and that the days of a new, better, actually viable Heimer, have returned.
Until then, I'm sure they will find the time to **** out another skin for Teemo or Malphite, in which case you'd be in luck.
And we can all hope that Heimer doesn't turn into one of the "Little Vampires" and plot his revenge.
He stayed at 3 turrets for a long time... 6 turrets was not the problem... that's not the Heimer they stomped all over... it was the 3 turret one who could still nuke towers with his grenade that got 5 straight patches of hardcore nerfs to EVERY ABILITY. Also, even him setting up 3 turrets took a very long time... he only had 3 turrets at his base or by a tower (or occasionally in the jungle as a fun little trap). And I agree, him being able to just nuke down towers during laning phase was definitely overpowered, but they addressed that pretty quickly... they still continued to nerf him after that for 4 more patches though...

Byr0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

I love Heimer, he needs buffs (yes plural), or a rework.
His movement is embarrassing, along with his passive, health, and MR / Armor.
Too easy to counter play, very difficult to master, and extremely expensive to feel like your helping your team.
Please Red's give us some good news for our favorite Yordle.

Koopah Da Kid

10-02-2012

bump