Heimerdinger Exhaustively Examined

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Miknar

06-17-2012

I was planning on trying out Hemi as a new champion. I have played against a few in my matches, all of which are non-ranked, and I found him to be hit or miss it seemed. At first I chalked it up to player skill, as most would, but this tells me it is just the champion that is a bit of an odd ball. I will say I still intend to try Hemi out, if nothing else this will help.
It sounds like he is really difficult to be good with consistently and I agree he sounds like he needs major work. I guess an obvious idea to me is that if Hemi's defenses are that weak at the early game stage why not let the guy run faster.
If it was up to me, I'd start from scratch. By scratch I mean almost like creating a new champion to fix the mechanics. You can only fix a broke object so many times before you just need a new object. Riot needs to look at him from the "what is this champ suppose to do" approach and build from the ground up. If this happens Hemi will undoubtedly go through another round of buff/nerf but it would probably fix the champion faster than working from where Hemi is at now.

ItsJustPain

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miknar View Post
I was planning on trying out Hemi as a new champion. I have played against a few in my matches, all of which are non-ranked, and I found him to be hit or miss it seemed. At first I chalked it up to player skill, as most would, but this tells me it is just the champion that is a bit of an odd ball. I will say I still intend to try Hemi out, if nothing else this will help.
It sounds like he is really difficult to be good with consistently and I agree he sounds like he needs major work. I guess an obvious idea to me is that if Hemi's defenses are that weak at the early game stage why not let the guy run faster.
If it was up to me, I'd start from scratch. By scratch I mean almost like creating a new champion to fix the mechanics. You can only fix a broke object so many times before you just need a new object. Riot needs to look at him from the "what is this champ suppose to do" approach and build from the ground up. If this happens Hemi will undoubtedly go through another round of buff/nerf but it would probably fix the champion faster than working from where Hemi is at now.
If u want to learn to play heimerdinger
I can teach you
but u got to have a lot of smarts and make a lot of mistakes first

ReaperCDN

06-17-2012

Playing as Heimer is completely team dependent. He's the most effective and frustrating pusher in the game because he doesn't have to be anywhere near a turret to completely annihilate it. His utility is insane, and his turrets do an incredible amount of damage for something that is completely spammable.

What it boils down to is team play and composition. If you have problems as Heimer, you aren't playing him well. If your team isn't focussed on towers when you're providing a firing base, they're a stupid team.

To sum up, Heimer is about utility and support, not about 1v1. He's one of the ultimates in team composition and warfare. If you can play well with him, you're going to have an extremely effective time pushing. If you can't, you're going to get rolled.

ItsJustPain

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperCDN View Post
Playing as Heimer is completely team dependent. He's the most effective and frustrating pusher in the game because he doesn't have to be anywhere near a turret to completely annihilate it. His utility is insane, and his turrets do an incredible amount of damage for something that is completely spammable.

What it boils down to is team play and composition. If you have problems as Heimer, you aren't playing him well. If your team isn't focussed on towers when you're providing a firing base, they're a stupid team.

To sum up, Heimer is about utility and support, not about 1v1. He's one of the ultimates in team composition and warfare. If you can play well with him, you're going to have an extremely effective time pushing. If you can't, you're going to get rolled.
it all depends on the teamwork
also his turrets does not do a lot of damage
you need to stack ap just to make it stronger 0.2 on turrets is very low for a mage and often his turrets are 1 hit late game

ItsJustPain

06-17-2012

Bump

Halmrage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2012

bump bump

Mister Ricey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2012

Thank you for researching, finding the data, and explaining in fine detail the issues and other characteristics of this champion, instead of simply providing anecdotes from a handful of personal experiences in game. More topics like these should encouraged.

Gelion

06-17-2012

bump

ItsJustPain

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelion View Post
bump
all i see u play are vs bots
have u ever play a normal game with heimerdinger?

ItsJustPain

06-18-2012

bump