A question about in game friend messages.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Freezing Pointt

07-16-2010

So if my friend is playing a game(ex: 5v5 rift) can he read the messages i send him while im at the lobby?

Captain Flaxxie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-16-2010

He should be able to; I've been having some issues with messaging people while they're in game though.

R66Y

07-16-2010

Yes, it will appear in his chat box. You can respond to message while in game as well. Just type "/r message" and it will send a response to the last person who messaged you. If you want to send it to someone else, I believe you can type "/r "username" message" (I believe the username is in "", but I generally don't use this so I am a little foggy on remembering...look at it when you use /r, it will auto generate the username and you can use the same formatting).

Controlled By Me

07-16-2010

Yes, he will read them.

@2 above: You can reply by typing /w Character Name (Case sensitive, I believe!), or reply to the person who last whispered you by typing /r

Genuwine21

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-17-2010

Also because it is in his chat box he may not notice it, as in game it doesn't display in another color or anything. So unless he is constantly reading the chat or there are very few messages between teammates or between opponent team and his team, he may not get your message.

CokeBoy

07-17-2010

how come none of you guys play with me CoCaineCowboy add meh !

Wuumaster

07-17-2010

Sending a message to a Summoner who is in a match will get the message added to the chat box. It's kinda hard to notice sometimes though, since it doesn't make a unique sound (something I miss from other games) and it's just plain white text.

Summoners can send messages from inside a match to others outside by using the format '/w <name> <message>', where <name> is the target's summoner name, and <message> is whatever you wanted to say. Alternatively, using '/r <message>' sends the message to whomever last messaged you.

OmegaGolden

05-17-2011

Yes and he can talk to you with /r

KillerNeko

09-29-2012

Yes,he can read it. and he can use /r to reply it,just that simple

Spiderman42

01-24-2013

Hello League of legends I am Wondering if i can submit a guy in the site and in the game that i made just the otherday and what i would get for it