How to Increase your odds of winning solo/que ranks.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Tian

01-14-2012

The whole "team leader" comment reflects my mentality when playing LoL and it largely worked when I was around 1100 Elo. Climbed from 1050 ish back to 1173 with this trat when tragedy struck. Then through a combination of my university and riot hating me on one weekend (internet kept spazzing out and I kept getting other people afk/ leaving in the games where I wasn't lagging/ dced), I lost roughly 15 out of 20 games (about 12 of those 15 had afks/dcs and was 3v5 or 4 v5, while only 1 out of the 5 I was was a 5 v 4), I ended up at around 800-900 elo. At this ELO range, I notice a very very stark difference in people's attitudes.

Currently I'm continuing to employ my team building rules- be nice to your teammates, congratulate them when they do things well, reccomend them nicely to hug turret when they're dying alot and taking too many risks. Problem is, alot of people in que either 1) Are like not good human beings and are somehow offended and call me "gay" for trying to be a nice respectable person that communicates and asks "so what role is everyone good at?". or 2) Just simply mutes every teammates and doesn't talk period (my hypothesis is that half of these guys don't speak English or something, but that means we lose teamfights due to a numbers disadvantage).

Thankfully, I'm now busy with college homework and trying to find a job and hence will be retiring from League of Legends until spring break time, but I was very very frustrated that once I hit a point in which most of my teammates are apathetic and call me a "try hard" for trying to win ranked games.

Interestingly, from a pure individual skill level assessment, I actually think most (like 70%) of the people at 800-900 ELO would be able to beat alot of the people at 1000-1200 ELO if LOL was a 1 v 1 game. Indeed, I have much more trouble getting scores like 6/1/5 by 12 minutes in as solo-top Cho'gath against an unsuspecting new ranked player vs a veteran that somehow managed to lower his elo by 400 points (which means at least like 20 games if he lost all of them).

Similarly to the same reason why I'm having alot of difficulty winning by trying to be a "leader", I also gave up on playing most supports (other than soraka, sona, and taric) because people are unable to take advantage of the awesome cc during teamfights due to a lack of communication. (just try ulting with Janna with trolls on your team, even if you clearly saved them from imminent death, thye'll be like "OMFG why you ult him out of my attack range!", or try pushing someone back towards your team as alistar, only to see the yi on your team run past the guy and into the opponent turret)

When I play again, I'm gonna probably play only assasins and chars that can snowball early. Why? As much as I have horror stories about the lack of teamwork on my team, I know that the opponents team probably has the same issues. Hence since people don't ward, take unneccessary risks, and don't teamfight and take advantageof cc properly, there's a easy win condtion for assasins to punish their mistake (ex I NEVER saw Akali banned until I dropped below 1000 elo, but she's banned like everygame now).

HeadChief

01-15-2012

bump

DX Dougl3r

Recruiter

01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeblade View Post
Only problem is where you go 5 games in a row with d/cers, afkers, people who think that Mord mid is viable, and supports that don't ward or take CV no matter how much you ask them. Then there's always the fun kids who random their champions. Solution to this? Perma-bans from ranked if you get reported too much. People would think twice about trolling.
permanent is a litle harsh but I like your idea of banning just from ranked if too much report

shaitara

01-15-2012

Honestly, I've seen some trash range ad's who've straight up cost me the game because they were our only hard source of AD ;_;

Ephino

01-16-2012

Being that leader only works if

1. Your good at the game, because poor players will just get harassed, even if your score is a direct reflection of another players mistaked. This also means being the tank or support will make you less respectable.

2. You dont have another player trying the same method. A good team wont work with two people who both want it ran their way, you will just run into conflict at some point.

3. Your teammates are willing to listen and dont blame you, when their skill allowed them to lose the tactical advantage.

Also, a chunk of players outright wont talk or listen. They solo que and seem to forget its a team game.
However it is a nice positive message, and communication is a deciding factor in every game. Always.

GraxtheDestroyer

01-16-2012

Its not just about leaders you need teammates who will not give in to negative urges and will encourage maturity from others. I've seen plenty of perfectly good players fall to the temptation of combating a troll on their level. Positive attitudes make positive games regardless of the outcome.

maxell1010

01-16-2012

This post is fail. If you have a bad ad carry you lose teamfights hard

Sier Rex

01-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeblade View Post
Only problem is where you go 5 games in a row with d/cers, afkers, people who think that Mord mid is viable, and supports that don't ward or take CV no matter how much you ask them. Then there's always the fun kids who random their champions. Solution to this? Perma-bans from ranked if you get reported too much. People would think twice about trolling.
oh man how i would love this!!!! but... what if a newb decides to report you for no reason making up a lie? and you get banned?

Jeisyu

03-06-2014

Well, the only problem now is that Sheep is good at league.

IPlayTenors

03-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXCFXx Avenger View Post
i was going 2 do this, first game, paired with a yorik that feeds gp 0-10 in 5 minutes. I took a deep breath and told him...he was $T@#%U$^@%Y#$T!@#@#%I&U^$Y%#T. Now, u might look at this and say. wow what a noob rager. well, if he is going 2 cost me a game, don't i get a little of his self esteem in return?
No, you don't get a little of his self-esteem in return, you dick. That's the kind of logic that holds you back in life as well as league because you sir, are an ass-hole and deserve to lose with that attitude.