Will Matchmaking Ever Find True Balance?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The LORD saves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2012

There's a reason this is one of the champion jokes

Attached is a file, an example of a draft match where I was put on the same team with a person who had won 1 Dominion match. I have over 700 games played, and 40 wins over losses right now. The matchmaking system put us together in less than a minute, so I bet it must have scoured the far reaches of North America finding me compatible people to play with right?

This substantiates my mantra that the game is more fun when I put everyone on ignore and pretend like they are bots.

FoX2525

01-10-2012

I was matched with duo ques that where lvl 17-20 twice yesterday (lost both games by large margins). I can't even phantom how that is possible... I have only been winning at a pretty average percent over the past week (about 64%), its not like MM had to screw me. I'm taking a few days off of the game I'm so pissed off. MM is strongest in the game.

Bonabon

01-10-2012

Just because they've won one game doesn't mean they haven't lost 699. :P
Though I can't really argue that's any better, if not worse.

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

01-10-2012

i queue dodge at the first sign of a duo queue on the team

no problems on my end

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2012

I honestly don't know if there is any hope for Dominion. It seems like Riot is ignoring it completely, but that may just be me. About a month ago I was on a 5 man premade. At that time we were all well above 250 wins and all level 30. We had a game where we 5 capped the enemy team pretty much all game. At the end I look at their levels, all level 1... So 5 level 30's vs 5 level 1's. Felt like I was stealing candy from a baby with no arms.

Taenaryn

01-10-2012

I actually don't understand how the matchmaking system works. I was looking at the matches today, and it doesn't even average each player's level. My team, for instance, was two 30s, me (28), a 24 and a 25. Their team was one thirty, one 11 (!!!), one 18, and two 22s.

It doesn't do it by wins... I can count on one hand the number of times I've had teammates with close to as many wins as I have. My wins frequently double or triple the amount of anyone else on my team, and is often more than my teammates' wins combined.... and on the other team as well.

Can anyone explain to me how it actually works? Does it just pick first in line?

I'm not QQing. Just trying to figure out what it does, before I can say whether it works or not.

FoX2525

01-10-2012

All you really need to know is that Match Maker hates you.

ExpZ015

01-10-2012

I believe they just match you depending on lvl and nothing else... I have another account and cant find a game cuz no one lvl 5 plays dominion... And frankly everyone starts out playing Dominion sucking cuz they have no idea what to expect so give some people credit. that was you once a while ago lol.

202halffound

01-10-2012

Matchmaking works via win to loss ratio I believe.

Say someone wins 5 matches and loses 1.
Another wins 500 matches and loses 100.

They still have the same win-to-loss ratio, so the system will pair them up.

RealWolf M

01-10-2012

completely wrong 202, thats rubbish.

But yeah, matchmaking does fail sometimes.

Things like a duo queue screw it up further. That one win person would probably have been in queue with someone else, which meant they put them with you