How exactly does Teemo "hard counter" Tryndamere?

12345 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luigi Dude

01-10-2012

I've tried, I really have. Whenever there's a Tryndamere on the enemy team, instead of raging for him not being banned, I pick Teemo to try to counter him. And every game seems to go the same. I always seem to win the lane up until level 7ish, or until Tryndamere buys lifesteal of some sort (usually Wriggles.) Then it seems my autos, blinding dart, and the occasional shroom he may hit are all healed back relatively easily via lifesteal/bloodlust. Not only that, but Tryndamere always seem to stay close in farm just because his character can naturally 1 shot most creeps. Though I can get him low at times, even enough to kill, since Teemo has no CC Tryndamere will usually escape me unless he happens to spin into a shroom while his ult is on or I flash ignite, something along those lines.

When it comes to team fights, I don't feel nearly as beneficial to my team as the enemy Tryndamere. He's critting/killing my whole team and I'm just getting off the occasional blind on him/the AD carry, while doing significantly less damage to those I can target safely even though our farm is relatively the same. Teemo remains rather squishy the whole game, even with tank items, while Trynd has respectible HP and resists for some reason, while doing immense damage.

Maybe it's me, I don't know. It just seems like the people on the forums are like "if you pick Teemo, their Tryndamere is gonna have 0 CS and be garbage while you become a God," and from my experience this just isn't the case. Can anyone offer their own ADVICE (key word) as to what I can better do when I am playing Teemo versus Tryndamere? Even though I don't see Teemo as Tryndamere's "hard counter" like the forum sheep do, somebody must have gotten it to work before since he is recognized as a "counter."

I don't want this to become an "OMG YOU NOOB, QUIT THE GAME IF YOU CAN'T BEAT TRYNDAMERE WITH TEEMO" thread, I'd rather a perhaps much more skillful player actually comment and help me get better at this game, or at least countering Tryndamere. This has been in the 1500-1600 elo range for me, so hopefully people more skilled than that can help me out. Thanks for reading/partaking in the discussion.

Adultery

01-10-2012

his Q

/thread

ViciousFlash

01-10-2012

stop qqing if you think he was op now you shouldve played before the fury rework

Cenerae

01-10-2012

He's not really a hard counter, but the blind does screw tryndamere up when he's trying to kill people. A better laning counter would be Malphite. Might not be able to kill the Tryn by himself but with his AS debuff and MS steal, he shouldn't be taking a lot of damage.

Xetene

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2012

use your range hommie... shroom.. range... and bring an exhaust along when things get dangerous..... tryn is only op if you let him reach you ....

Pent Up Kill

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xetene View Post
use your range hommie... Shroom.. Range... And bring an exhaust along when things get dangerous..... Tryn is only op if you let him reach you ....
hey buddy...stop...doing....this....it doesnt make you seem smarter....dont do it...

Yaddar

01-10-2012

Trynd uses R

Teemo uses Q... and the E Poison
and even some well placed shroom for when the trynd is running away.

Xetene

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2012

you mad? lol am i wrong sayin so? do you have selfesteem problem? i bet you do ...

Tendresse

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xetene View Post
you mad? lol am i wrong sayin so? do you have selfesteem problem? i bet you do ...
No he's actually right.

Saturok

01-10-2012

Teemo's blind shot doesn't counter any auto-attack champ simply because he has a damage output level of ZERO to follow up the CC.

12345 ... 10