AP's Are Mega-Weak In Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TokinPrez

01-10-2012

Mages are very strong, learn to play as a team and not with a bunch of ima solo 1v1 huehue *******.

You need to adjust your builds and learn how to kite. This is not SR, you do not have a mostly passive laning phase and then a frontline to stand behind while you blow your abilities.

You need far greater map awareness, you need to focus on CDR, you must know how to kite and be very aware of other champions abilities as well as your own. Dominion puts a lot of emphasis on your ability to fight, something that a lot of SR players lack due to fights turning into 5v5 cluster fooks and so when coming to Dom many of them are horrible at being able to manage themselves.

In lower ELO pub matches, mages will be more difficult to use properly. Once you get into playing against good players or do premades then mages become exceptionally poweful and a must have in most cases.

Nearly all the Mages are strong on Dom, some are a bit weaker and some are top picks and bans, pretty much same with any champ type really.

I would suggest;

- Make friends, get into organized play and play more.

- Learn how to fight this means kiting and having intimate knowledge of yours and others abilities. Do not assume you can have a crutch to lean on and just blow your load in a big ol 5v5 brawl, you need to know to handle yourself.

- CDR is very important for Dominion, this may mean changing builds you are used on SR as things are different on Dom.

- Map awareness at all times. There is a lot of brush and fog on Dominion, you need to be aware of where people are and will be.

- Do not roam the jungle alone with most mages, your job is not to be a roamer or ganker and the jungle can lead to you dying often. If you do venture into the jungle be very sure your aware of enemy locations, have incoming support or are moving with your tank / bruiser. (can not tell you how many free week brands I saw who would roam solo in the jungle knowing there was say an enemy Talon roaming and then just keep dying and begin to rage...like....wake the eff up buddy and gtfo out of the jungle).

As a mage if your not bottom you should be with your main team, defending and pushing with them, your job is not to back cap or roam unless your an AP assassin.

IMSOJUICY

01-10-2012

I'be been playing only ap and support for my last fifteen games or so, and ive lost like once. Sometimes you go on good streaks, or bad streaks.

SleepyDeath

01-10-2012

"This is curious, because your record shows ZERO Dominion wins.

Once you get some real experience and understand how to play Dominion, you'll realize that AP champions are not remotely weak."

I love when noobs create posts and try to make it legit. Thanks for the background "ChaoticHypnotic" it makes me feel better, maybe ill try out an ap carry in dominion tonight

Inkyjinx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2012

yea, gotta say there are a number of AP champs that are very, very good in Dominion.

Akali isn't one. but, really, her kit is ideally suited for Dominion... wonder why she isn't better...

Kassadin: very good. Cassopeia: (can be) very good. Le'Blanc: very good. Morgana, Lux, Brand, Annie...

and so on and so on.

Phourc

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamrock69 View Post
On Akali I can jump them and kill them within a few seconds with little retaliation.
Seeing this I'm guessing you're at a fairly low Dominion Elo, Akali feels pretty weak once you get to the players that know to reveal her in her cloud and murder her silly.

High level players actually permaban Kassadin (I don't cause I rarely see him, but he's a real pain to fight) xP

Glamrock69

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
Seeing this I'm guessing you're at a fairly low Dominion Elo, Akali feels pretty weak once you get to the players that know to reveal her in her cloud and murder her silly.

High level players actually permaban Kassadin (I don't cause I rarely see him, but he's a real pain to fight) xP
Dominion doesn't have Elo...

BigDaddyRelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamrock69 View Post
Dominion doesn't have Elo...
You have a Normal elo, the difference is just that you can't see your Normal mode elo.

EVERY GAME IS A RANKED MATCH NOW! D:

Seriously speaking though, ap carries are insanely good on Dominion, and I've taken quite a liking to them. As a Cassio main, Cassiopeia is arguably better in Dominion than she is on SR, which is pretty huge, and LeBlanc is in my eyes one of the best picks out of the entire line-up with her absurd skirmish prowess.

Honestly, the only ap champ I can think of that could be considered weak is Vladimir. As much as I love me some Badimir, he's weak all around at the moment and is needing buffs, and the heal reduction aura on Dom hurts a lot.

MVpmack

01-10-2012

I play pretty much AP champions + Ryze (he's not AP!) + Yorick, and I have a positive (although I'm down to +8 or something) win/loss ratio.

Bonabon

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVpmack View Post
Ryze (he's not AP!)
Everyone knows AP/AD is just shorthand for "deals mostly magic damage" or "deals mostly physical damage." Such isn't always the case with every champ, but for the most part; just depends on context.

DG TheFeedski

01-10-2012

http://i.imgur.com/Jg9Sg.gif