AP's Are Mega-Weak In Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

skyqula

01-10-2012

Anny mage the can combo someone (with deathfire) has a place on dominion. Especially because they can reach killing power that can combo tanky guys. This, however, does point out that deathfire is pretty much one of, if not the best caster item on dominion ATM.

But i will say that itemization is defenitly lacking for mages on dominion. A movement speed and another decent CDR/spellvamp item would help alot. Considering we got deathfire/rabbadon/voidstaff as the DPS items it would be nice of such a new item would cover a defensive (health/ar/mr) aspect next to some of these: CDR/MS/spellvamp. Might not even have to be with AP, would make it a possible interesting choice for physical casters aswell.

Glamrock69

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticHypnotic View Post
This is curious, because your record shows ZERO Dominion wins.
I've won 114.

I've played over 200.

EMeta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2012

Seriously, almost all teams field at least 2 AP champs, and on average they do no less well than the ad champs. If they did, Riot could go back & readjust the arpen/mpen aura. Or everyone could just fit an extra piece of armor into their build. But it's just not the case. Of the four main champs I play on CS, the AP ones (singed & soraka) are a bit stronger for me than the ad ones (blitz & riven).

Bonabon

01-10-2012

I only agree to the extent that CDR is practically a must on mages, and there aren't a whole lot of good options for it in Dominion as many of them have mana regen which is fairly useless. Frozen Heart is the best one unless the entire enemy team is magic damage. Ionian Boots are an option, but you have to weigh if its worth it to lose the early flat spell pen (though you can still build Haunting Guise too, which is actually about a 100g cheaper than the Sorc Boots+Glacial Shroud).

The fact CDR is so good in Dom is probably part of the reason Ryze is so strong, along with the fact that he naturally gets to build tanky, and has on-demand spell vamp at level 6.

Spell Vamp becomes pretty necessary mid/late game, but Revolver/WotA is a strong item and relatively cheap.

Asmonok

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamrock69 View Post
Everyone you listed except Ryze is gank fodder in Dominion.

On Akali I can jump them and kill them within a few seconds with little retaliation.
Yea because Kass doesnt teleport away, LeBlanc doesnt kite you, and Cass doesnt turn you into stone.

Glamrock69

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
100% agree, let's buff Cassiopeia, Ryze, leblanc, Kassadin, Karthus and malzahar.
Btw it's hilarious that you name Akali which is probably bottom 5 AP champ in the game.
If these champs are so powerful, why do I rarely see people doing well on them?

Stralucire

01-10-2012

Quote:
Anivia/Malzahar/Brand/Lux

Anivia May be right? don't know. Malzahar is picked a lot. Brand is considered good. Lux is considered mediocre in Both SR and Dominion though.
I love Lux. I love her so. And her abilities are so well suited to Dominion, too. But ****ed if she isn't cool down locked most of the time, even with maxed CDR. Perhaps better that than being OP. But a little shave off the top really wouldn't hurt.

Hugs From Momma

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamrock69 View Post
If these champs are so powerful, why do I rarely see people doing well on them?
Because you appear to have played 7 games of Dominion, ever.

You're playing against bads.

Bonabon

01-10-2012

Quote:
Anivia/Malzahar/Brand/Lux

Anivia May be right? don't know. Malzahar is picked a lot. Brand is considered good. Lux is considered mediocre in Both SR and Dominion though.
The cool thing about Malz is that he forces the entire enemy team to build QSS, or someone's going to get annihilated every time his ult is up. :P I haven't seen a Malzahar in a long time though.

I played Brand quite a bit last week and felt pretty naked without some CDR to reliably be able to E+Q kite aggressive melee, but I found him to be very strong (though has mana problems early game) and was surprised how well I did with him at times. I don't consider myself a master skillshot. I think I was most pleased about how well he was able to handle Tryndamere, lol. I think that's how I measure how much I like any Mage, actually. If I can successfully "kill" Tryn, survive his ult, and finish him off, that's my new favorite champ. :P

atheimetal

01-10-2012

I usually have pretty good luck as Heimer or AP Shaco. (I probably still get matched with bads though so the latter may not work as well against good people)