6v6 Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wolfalisk

01-10-2012

I feel like Dominion has become a little too static with regards to playstyles and roles. The general 4 top 1 bot scenario is almost unanimously in play, and any variation in this is a direct response to in-game events.

I feel like adding an additional player to each team might encourage players to develop additional roles like a permanent roamer. The jungle could essentially be the territory of these roamers, as they attempt to back-cap and counter back-cap. They could also help out top or bottom if need be. In that case, running 2 bot doesn't necessarily mean you insta lose Windmill. It's just an example.

Would anyone like to see this?

Glumduk

01-10-2012

I think all it would do is make defending 3 captured points too easy.
I see where you're coming from though - the meta could use some mixing up. Especially bottom.

Teetengee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2012

Maybe add more points, perhaps 7 points for 6 players, which would force movement.

PXShaman

01-10-2012

IDK what you guys are talking about. This is why there is no ranked.

It is not Riots fault that everyone wants to send 4 top.
The amount of things that can happen in the first minute of play are endless.

Any of you ever thought about sending 1 characters bot and have another character hiding in the shadows????
Or what about ganking the person who caps mid then focusing on the one he capped???
Or what about just ganking the whole team as they are heading to top?

And btw these are all viable
Stop being ignorant about what you are "forced" to do.

Hugs From Momma

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PXShaman View Post
IDK what you guys are talking about. This is why there is no ranked.

It is not Riots fault that everyone wants to send 4 top.
The amount of things that can happen in the first minute of play are endless.

Any of you ever thought about sending 1 characters bot and have another character hiding in the shadows????
Or what about ganking the person who caps mid then focusing on the one he capped???
Or what about just ganking the whole team as they are heading to top?

And btw these are all viable
Stop being ignorant about what you are "forced" to do.
People do these things, but they're risky and if you don't succeed with them, you're now short a point and behind.

666shadow666

01-10-2012

would still end up 5 top 1 bottom lol

Bonabon

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666shadow666 View Post
would still end up 5 top 1 bottom lol
I jokingly thought this to myself as well.
Though I could see a "roaming" option pan out.
Or at least it would become 4 top, 2 bot.

I think 5 players is more than enough for the map size. 6 would feel a little crowded.

BigDaddyRelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2012

It's not any more stagnant than the 1 top - 1 mid - 2 bot - 1 jungle lane set-up that we've had in LoL since the dawn of time really. Both lanes in SR and who is where in Dom both change according to the flow of the match, but 4 top - 1 bot is just the most reliable strategy to open with in Dominion in solo que because everyone already knows how the strategy works and is on board with it, and it's arguably the least risky move.

I feel like Dominion was made for 5 people, 6 would make it a bit of a cluster-****. It can already be hard enough to clear people off of points and have enough time to take it before somebody else comes to d-slap you.

MVpmack

01-10-2012

The issue with 4 top 1 bottom is because you need maximum team concentration to take windmill. There are alternate strategies (3 mid, 2 bottom; 1 of the bottoms rushes to interrupt the enemy cap) but 4/1 is more stable and easier for noobs to think about.

The public meta will only change if something else becomes more optimal. Even then, it will be whatever that meta happens to be. People are bad at thinking up new strategies. If you want to experiment with new, exciting strategies, get a 4 or 5-man premade.

lbgsloan

01-10-2012

Problem with metas is you can't expect a soloq team to agree to something else. The only time you see new stratagies is when a premade is involved. People lose their **** if there's more than one bot in soloq, doesn't matter if it's working or not.

5v5 is fine, something just needs to be done to discourage this awful meta before it becomes as stagnant as SR. Making the jungle and the centre of the map more important is the key I think. If there was more incentive to have roamers, bottom would see more action.