Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot Games Partners with Garena to bring League of Legends to Southeast Asia

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sonfromhell

07-17-2010

thanks Riot, i live in sri lanka, south east Asia and I'm happy to see Riot thinking out of the box, keep up the excellent work guys, good luck on the long run

Avetheron

07-17-2010

Garena sucks, mostly due to the in game lag, the community, the leavers, and the maphackers. You can top that off with atrocious english. This was probably the best choice they could make though. I can guarantee there will be a huge spike in searches for 'LoL maphack' the day it comes to Garena. I've been playing on the NA server for the past few months, and I'm really going to miss it, when all the accounts are transferred =/.

Kazreal

07-17-2010

HOLD UP! When are they gonna release it? When I saw this update, I went straight to my Garena and opened it up to check, but no LoL yet... any release date for this? haha. I'd really like to know )

Ult1Mat3 Str1kE

07-17-2010

when this game will be in garena???

Electriction

07-17-2010

Quote:
ParanoidDroid:
Have you ever played on a team with a guy with 700 ping who doesn't know any of the languages you know?

Was it really annoying?

If it was, that is why Garena is handling the SE Asia community.

Yes... and that was playing against Australian players... I only get like 300 ping when playing, even though thats kinda alot but yeah... and c'mon, if the SEA community can't speak English then how in the world did they even get to play online if they don't understand English? And I'm Malaysian, not too bad at English...

randomicity

07-17-2010

i really am sick and tired of Garena. Despite what it's "amazing" track record for bringing games into the SEA community seems like, it's really just good for that. Everything else about it sucks. It's a facepalm server that has 0 admins. Even if they had any that no one knew about, they don't do anything. Take DotA for example, Garena uses rooms to facilitate the players, so they only set up 6 reportable rooms. Not any anti-hack system... Reporting rooms. Well i hope that other SEA players see it that way too... It's really annoying.

Rexplosive

07-17-2010

I'd like to be the guy in the red T-shirt tbh :S

jienxer

07-17-2010

wow! so if ever I go on a vacation at singapore or any asian part, can I transfer my account info to their region?

dotnix

07-17-2010

Garena is like THE worst choice to partner with.
Their servers, their service, their stuff are probably THE worst on the market.

Serpentongue

07-17-2010

Quote:
dotnix:
Garena is like THE worst choice to partner with.
Their servers, their service, their stuff are probably THE worst on the market.

Asiasoft says hi.