Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot Games Partners with Garena to bring League of Legends to Southeast Asia

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Naphtal

Recruiter

07-16-2010

@riot: please get someone to play DotA using garena for at least 3 days. then ask that someone how it felt like getting hit by random elune's arrows then getting ganked by entire teams simply because that someone decided to jungle for 1min since he cant stay in lane. ask him about people 1-hit-killing him. ask him about the massive leavers before, at the start and during the game. ask him about all the trash talkers and spammers that love to talk in the game rooms. ask him about how the garena interface sucks. ask him about how some people can get gold membership without the need of any real cash.

i cant wait for SEA server to get filled up w/ flamers, trolls, leavers, hackers. good job riot

FuYA

07-16-2010

If I have Garena could I play with Some SEA friends even though I dont live there.

technoleonine

07-16-2010

Quote:
ByronicHero:
Summoners!

In February of this year we announced that we had reached an agreement with a publisher to bring League of Legends to all our fans in Southeast Asia. Today, we are ready to reveal the identity of our partner. We are extremely pleased to be able to announce that Garena will be working with Riot to bring League of Legends to Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, and the Philippines.

Riot missed out 1 crucial country!!! My country, India! ;p Please Riot, Please bring LOL to India as fast as you can... Dota is a huge hit here and I'm sure League will gain popularity at a rapid pace once you officially launch it here

Mizuto

07-16-2010

**** just got real...now you see how the champs are meant to be played.

MaverickXD

Recruiter

07-16-2010

Hmm I am playing on Thailand and still using the US server :S and still doing ok really. You guys at Riot really need to get the cash card and merchandises that we can buy in 7elevens to Asia. Cos in some Asian countries (like Thailand) they are quite big on free MMO games with the optional pay for items and such. I looked at game magazines here and it is full of there kind of games (also HoN dunno why that is there though :P )

Umarello

07-16-2010

when in indonesia ?

tohff7

07-16-2010

Garena sucks.

Ripcurrent

07-16-2010

Great, that is the last thing we need is more twitchy Asians playing this game. We've already got E-leetest Euros and self-entitled Americans playing this game. Why not make it more frustrating.

Zealot644

07-17-2010

Yes...More out of country people to lag up my team.

Unless they have their own servers...Its gonna become like Starcraft and Korea >.> lol

QXQXQ

07-17-2010

this is awesome now i can play with my friends in the philipines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!