Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Season One FAQ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Singularity42

07-20-2010

Quote:
Esitrone:
Well I had the problem again. I couldn't see any champions during champion select. It happens sometimes. I tried to search for the char hoping it'll appear - negative.
I didn't know what to do, leaving or not, I decided not to leave, hoping to get a champ that I know. I didn't wanted that loss or leave, because I never left a game.
Finally I had one char, I didn't know - that kind of sucks, because we chose depending on our team and the other one.

So what shall I do in such case? It sux

is it because of this?
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=166548

Esitrone

07-20-2010

nope, cause i never look up champs or filter them in my profile ^^

LoveThisLife

07-20-2010

Quote:
Jarkiv Ramik:
AND WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? All the **** noobs are supposed to come into our normal games and screw us out of victory? Just because you guys decided it's no longer as important? Then rename it 'practice' and make the ranked games 'normal'...

Sometimes I'm amazed how stupid updates are.

This is said in a quite offensive way, but he has a point, basically, what you did, you made normal games into ranked games, and you made practice games into normal games and you added a few extra statistic views, which I don't like at all, I just like to see how I did with my 3 most played champions, I want the LoL from 1 month ago back! Votes up if you agree, if you don't, don't leave a hate comment

Franky Lai

07-21-2010

Regarding the ranked games, i have no idea how ELO rating counts. e.g winning a match in my first few matches, it gains 32-33. And after, only gainning 23 around. Kindly advise if any relationships to get higher rating on winning ratio of each champion, KDA and games played. etc.

PTGMach

07-21-2010

Quote:
Franky Lai:
Regarding the ranked games, i have no idea how ELO rating counts. e.g winning a match in my first few matches, it gains 32-33. And after, only gainning 23 around. Kindly advise if any relationships to get higher rating on winning ratio of each champion, KDA and games played. etc.

typically, a rating like this depends on the rating of your opponents. the higher your opponents' ELO, the more you gain by winning, and less you lose from losing. (and conversely, the lower your opponents' ELO, the less you gain from winning and more you lose from losing.)

there are potentially other factors here. i have no idea how your teammates' ratings affect your own gain/loss, and it wouldn't surprise me if they made the game fudge numbers the first few matches in order to swing you more quickly to the ELO that is appropriate for you.

Lachrymose

02-06-2011

Quote:
ByronicHero:
What happens if I leave during champion select (the draft) of a ranked game?

Leaving while the draft is in progress will result in you receiving both a loss and leave, as well as receiving the standard time penalty for queue dodging.

I hate this.

Please consider these:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=496772
http://eu.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=52568

And I really like to have the loss and the leave removed, even if I have to pay or got banned for a month or so, please?

Lachrymose

02-06-2011

bump?

david rashidi

11-25-2011

Look Riot, I understand you need to address some concerns regarding Q dodging and all but it seems to me that the penalty in time is quite enough, dont you think? 5-15 minutes? Raise it up to 30 if you'd like.

What is insane and ridiculous and even disgusting is you guys making us lose elo just by dodging. Sometimes we get a phone call and need to address it. Sometimes we get these very noob guys in Q with us and understand the game wont be favorable to us, or even by team compositions, like many times happens to us, theres only one ranged guy and its not an Ad Carry. Its because of these little things that we dodge, and sometimes they just ban ridiculous characters for nothing and we simply dont want to play with those people because we understand we will more likely lose than win, Get It You Morons?

So please change this freaking ridiculous bullcrap and stop being idiots