Season One FAQ

First Riot Post
123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cheems

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-16-2010

Dude, it worries me that you say normal games are for "practise".

When are practise games coming back?

Ghettobarney

07-16-2010

I take issue with the last one, you guys SPECIFICALLY SAID that our stats would be unaffected and that we could see them after season 1, so basically you lied to us

Yomeiro

07-16-2010

I'm asking out of curiosity but why would anybody get a Loss and a Leave just for dodging the draft?
I seriously dont understand the logic behind that system (if there even is a logic).
What if somebody gets a disconnect during the draft and is unable to reconnect? That person will get a Leave and a Loss as well as the Queue Dodging penalty for that disconnect even though that person cannot influence when he/she gets a disconnect.
I Actually understand that because of the draft, players are more influenced to dodge team comps which they think, they can't win against and that this penalty is there for only that reason...

But i think it would be better if you just increase the queue dodge penalty to like 10 minutes + 10 minutes for every next dodge and giving players a leave and a loss who leave a ongoing game for a certain time (like 5 or 10 minutes?)
Well thats my opinion to that...

Nice FAQ anyways so +1

Only Ares

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-16-2010

in the ranking system theres no symbol if below 1200 a normal one if above 1200 and another one thats gold

this is also for normal game wins

does the gold in the normal one mean anything different or jsut that its a high number?

Mattygan

07-16-2010

Ahhhhh...so normal games are the new practice games.

Our preseason stats are trashed and most of our season 1 stats, which you want us to treasure instead, will likely be gone for the start of season 2.

What will survive after season 1 is over? I really would like to know.

To prepare for my inevitable heartbreak I plan on having a platonic relationship with my stats from now on.

VanillaSpencer

07-16-2010

dam they got rid of a lot of good stuff :O

above comment needs to get more love imo

LouJay

07-16-2010

I would like to see at least the same info I was able to see before for my Normal games, I agree that it didn't hurt anybody and I would even like more info there (more champions played, etc).

I also agree that "Takedowns" and "Minion Kills" should be retroactive, just as Wins are. If not, then Wins shouldn't be retroactive either, because it doesn't make sense to have "500 Wins" but only "16 Takedowns" when somebody else can have "1 Win" and "20 Takedowns"... stats are no longer comparable.

It's good to focus Normal games to Casual players, but they shouldn't be treated as Practice Games since we already have Practice Games, haha.

On another subject, it was nicer to see the whole Art when selecting a champion's skin (as it was before)... now we just get to see a small part of it, I feel you could show them off a little bit more, hehe

Regards

Oleoay

07-16-2010

I'm very disappointed I lost all my "preseason" history. My understanding was all the data was supposed to be saved.

Also, can we get the "Damage Taken" stat. I enjoyed seeing the ratio of damage dealt/damage taken.

Third, is there a date for when Season One ends?

Bubblemeat

07-16-2010

What happens if I leave during champion select (the draft) of a ranked game?

Leaving while the draft is in progress will result in you receiving both a loss and leave, as well as receiving the standard time penalty for queue dodging.

From what I was told, people have been queue dodging to still get the perfect teams and no penalties have happened. Maybe a matter to look into because I still see some queue dodging in Ranked solo usually from the other team.

Oleoay

07-16-2010

I also thought that the ladders would have ELO rankings by Champion, just like the EU ELO rankings...

123456 ... 8