Season One FAQ

First Riot Post
12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ByronicHero

Web Content Editor

Follow ByronicHero on Twitter

07-16-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

How many people can I queue with in "solo" matchmaking?

You are allowed to join the solo ranked games queue either yourself or with a maximum of one other player.

Can I queue with fewer than five people for Summoner's Rift in ranked games?

If you wish to participate in a ranked game on Summoner's Rift, you may either queue with a full premade, or with one other person in the solo queue. Remember that you can still queue for a normal game with a premade team of any size.

Can I queue with fewer than three people for Twisted Treeline in ranked games?

Currently, you must have a full premade team to participate in a ranked game on the Twisted Treeline.

Under what circumstances should I report another player?

The Report-a-Player feature is there for you to express your dissatisfaction with another player's behavior. If someone ruined your gameplay experience for any reason, please feel free to utilize the Report feature to let us know. Let us worry about the red tape!

What happens if I leave during champion select (the draft) of a ranked game?

Leaving while the draft is in progress will result in you receiving a loss, leave, Elo reduction, as well as receiving the standard time penalty for queue dodging.

What happens if I solo queue and someone on my team leaves during champion select (the draft)?

If you were in a premade team with the player who queue dodged, your partner will receive a loss, a leave, and be subject to the standard time penalty for queue dodging. You will not be assessed any penalty for your partner's actions.

What if I'm in the queue for a ranked game with an arranged team and someone on my team leaves during champion select (the draft)?

If you or someone on your team queue dodges during champion select of a ranked game, they will receive a loss, a leave, and be subject to the standard time penalty for queue dodging. The rest of the team will not be assessed any penalty for their partner's actions.

Why am I unable to see some players Elo ratings?

Players who have an Elo rating below 1200 will not have their Elo rating publicly displayed. If your Elo rating is below 1200, it will only be visible to yourself and those people on your Friend's List.

I can no longer see how many normal games I have lost. Why?

Now that ranked games have become available, we want to re-emphasize that Normal Games are meant to be played for practice, for socializing, and, above all, for fun. If you would like to view more detailed stats, we keep a very accurate record of your performance during ranked play.

What aggregated stats can I see from my normal games?

Normal game stats have been streamlined into three categories: Takedowns, Minion and Monster Kills, and Wins. "Takedowns" measures your total number of champion kills, turret kills, and assists across all of your normal games. "Minion and Monster Kills" measures the number of enemy minions you have slain across all of your normal games, as well as all neutral Monsters you have killed on your various excursions into the jungle. "Wins," naturally, represents the total number of games you have won over your summoner's entire career.

What do the medals below my normal game stats represent?

As you accrue Takedowns, Minion and Monster Kills, and Wins, you will notice that you will acquire an insignia below each number. As your stats increase, this medal will change color to reflect your current totals.

Why can I no longer see my Most Played Champions?

Currently we are no longer tracking statistics associated with any particular champions selected for play during normal games. We are, however, aware of player attachment to this feature and are investigating the possibility of reinstating it at a later date. We are still tracking detailed stats for all champions selected during ranked play.

Tricolor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronicHero View Post
Why am I unable to see some players Elo ratings?

Players who have an Elo rating below 1200 will not have their Elo rating publicly displayed. If your Elo rating is below 1200, it will only be visible to yourself and those people on your Friend's List.
half true...

if my rating is 500 on solo ranked and 1201 on premade ranked...other people that check my profile gonna be able to see both ratings

edith****...im first^^..also nice faq^^

nlts

07-16-2010

With the incredible ease with which stats can be collected, it's more than disappointing that stats are very limited or in same cases (normal games) all but non-existent.

Why not keep a full game history? Apm? Kills? Assits? Deaths? Average amound of damage dont to a champ per kill? Distance traveled? Average game length? Most common items bought per champ? Etc.

I was playing games on consoles in the 90's that tracked more stats.

And why can't we view overall stats on champs? Maps? Etc.?

For a game build around numbers it's a shame that you feel the need to keep things so limited. Makes the whole experience seem like an afterthought.

Happy Campr

07-16-2010

Quote:

Under what circumstances should I report another player?

The Report-a-Player feature is there for you to express your dissatisfaction with another player's behavior. If someone ruined your gameplay experience for any reason, please feel free to utilize the Report feature to let us know. Let us worry about the red tape!
I'm sure someone has pointed this out but just incase. On the link that the launcher provides this section of the writing is showing up as being merged with the previous one and there is no bold font on the '
Under what circumstances should I report another player?' not complaining just incase you didn't know.

Vladimal

07-16-2010

Criteria for reporting a player would be very nice as to limit unwarranted reports.Also how many infractions will result in what consequences?This is some other information that would be nice to know with regards to Player Reporting.

*Also First Page WOOT

GReaT GaMe Keep it up!!!

Poki3 tem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

07-16-2010

I'd like to ask... why Takedowns and Minion Kills aren't retroactive?

Wins where easily tracked, but Minion Kills, K/D/A and turret kills where also tracked, on a per-champion basis. It would just require some adding up and processing power. I'd like it if my 600 Normal Games felt more meaningful, especially since these stats won't be very high otherwise

Gibbilo

07-16-2010

Thanks for the FAQ!!

Kantom

07-16-2010

Not sure if this was an invitation for questions but anyway:

Is there any possibility of a feature that would allow users to reset their ELO for one of the queues?

MrCumBerry

07-16-2010

Good FAQ but I have a good question for you,
When will Xin Zhao be nerfed?

Hooplaa

07-16-2010

Quote:

Why can I no longer see my Most Played Champions?

Currently we are no longer tracking statistics associated with any particular champions selected for play during normal games. We are, however, aware of player attachment to this feature and are investigating the possibility of reinstating it at a later date. We are still tracking detailed stats for all champions selected during ranked play.
"Possibility"?

Why can't you guys just put it back? It wasn't hurting anyone. :/

12345 ... 8