Riot I love the new 6300 all champion system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hellsenergen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2012

its a bit of an underhanded ploy to get players to spend real money on champions. you pretty much have to no life this game just to keep up let alone catch up. new champs at 6300 is good as long as they cycle the old champs down the line towards 450. it would also be nice to start with a few champs. that way new players will have something constant instead of learning a new champ each week untill they are ready to do so.

Alystr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2012

October was 5 months ago?

oweird1

01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Starke View Post
Lower than 4800?

You're kidding me right? You mean lower than 6300, IF NOT HIGHER!

I can see it already: "We know we always release champions at 6300, but this one is filled with so much AWESOMENESS we decided to release it at 12600!"

*Release buggy and underpowered at start champion with the lamest mechanics but they're new so must be good*.

And they wonder why most people will switch for DoTA2..

Maybe for reasons like this, maybe because we're almost (99%) sure we won't get a Riot post in this thread. And this is just the beginning of the snowball.
So you're saying that people are leaving for dota 2 under the unfounded assumption that all new champs will now be 12600 because that has totally been done before and announced by riot that it will be done...?

progenity

01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Starke View Post
Lower than 4800?

You're kidding me right? You mean lower than 6300, IF NOT HIGHER!

I can see it already: "We know we always release champions at 6300, but this one is filled with so much AWESOMENESS we decided to release it at 12600!"

*Release buggy and underpowered at start champion with the lamest mechanics but they're new so must be good*.

And they wonder why most people will switch for DoTA2..

Maybe for reasons like this, maybe because we're almost (99%) sure we won't get a Riot post in this thread. And this is just the beginning of the snowball.
that's the weird thing... riot sometimes purposely avoids very, VERY important threads, almost on purpose. I feel like we're in communist Russia animal farm or something..

DHarlequin

Recruiter

01-09-2012

Great, another thread whining about this

Pira8

01-09-2012

More bumps.

Sir Starke

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by oweird1 View Post
So you're saying that people are leaving for dota 2 under the unfounded assumption that all new champs will now be 12600 because that has totally been done before and announced by riot that it will be done...?
No lol, you completely missed the sarcasm. Wow, when other people miss sarcasm, YOU look like an idiot, gotta stop using it.

Paramour Penguin

01-10-2012

Chinese overlords etc.

Rabid Meese

01-10-2012

Hey, OP. Riot is a business.

Ill let you in on a secret, one that will help you if you ever decide to take an Econ course:

A BUSINESS DOESN''T CARE ABOUT YOU. THEY CARE ABOUT YOUR MONEY.

Do you know why they make 6300 Champions? Because it takes time to grind to IP for that. And to a decent ammount of people, that time is not worth their effort. Its meant as a way to punish people who don't buy RP. You can get it, but you have to work for it.

If you want it, you can either earn it, or shill out the cash for it. But heres the magic part, another thing you will learn in an Econ class:

YOU DON'T NEED IT.

You don't. There are suprisingly few things in your life you actually need. As for playing every new Champion, thats on you. You are not entitled to the right to play a new champion when they come out. You are not entitled to have it cheap. The fact that Riot lets you play the game for free, and offers, for the most part, bi-weekly updates should be enough for you. If you are not willing to put forth an effort, then fork over the cash. If you aren't willing to fork over the cash, put forth the effort. Thats kinda the way things work.

Riot offers more than enough reasonably priced champions, as well as weekly RP deals on Champions, making them VERY reasonably priced for your RP.

Seriously. Riot is a business. They are designed to make money. If you wont spend money, your at a disadvantage. Riot gives you enough cheap stuff. If you arent willing to put the dedication forth to grind, or the cash, wait till free week.

About 40 Sheep

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir starke View Post
lower than 4800?

You're kidding me right? You mean lower than 6300, if not higher!

I can see it already: "we know we always release champions at 6300, but this one is filled with so much awesomeness we decided to release it at 12600!"

*release buggy and underpowered at start champion with the lamest mechanics but they're new so must be good*.

and they wonder why most people will switch for dota2..

maybe for reasons like this, maybe because we're almost (99%) sure we won't get a riot post in this thread. And this is just the beginning of the snowball.
lol